Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Carolina Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I went from being scheduled tomorrow at 1:30 to June 3rd at 1:30! :mad:

C560A73B-5925-45A2-ABD7-BB4CF123CB91.jpeg

Hi there - ordered Model Y 4/22 (Raleigh) & just received email from Tesla saying to "pay up" in order to deliver. Is *anyone* concerned deliveries going forward appear to NOT have radar - and that the Tesla Vision implementation of 3x safety features have not been rated yet by NHTSA? I am thinking of delaying purchase until the rated version of these features are available.
I'm personally not that worried about it. I've seen videos (in another thread) with people testing it out that just took delivery this week. Looks fine to me. I feel confident with their testing and look forward to future software updates to make it even better.

Last edited:
I'm personally not that worried about it. I've seen videos (in another thread) with people testing it out that just took delivery this week. Looks fine to me. I feel confident with their testing and look forward to future software updates to make it even better.

Moving forward; figgered Tesla has its reputation (and potential lawsuits) at stake.

Paid, got my VIN, delivery June 6-12.

Reactions: dangwhofarted
Called twice. Texted 2 different numbers to speak about payment on delivery day. Got no responses via text or phone call at raleigh
I'm chalking it up to a lot of people who received VINs and they are probably working non-stop doing deliveries. Since I got my VIN, my estimated dates actually moved up 1 date to June 8 - 14. If that is true, then they probably aren't in a rush to contact me and are dealing with people who are taking delivery this week. Maybe I'll hear something tomorrow.