Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Carolina Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got home from picking up my new ride! Process was very quick and painless. Unfortunately it was raining so I didn't get to do a ton of inspection, but everything I looked at was in great shape and as I expected. Took a bit of driving before I could use autopilot as the cameras hadn't fully calibrated yet, but still as fun to drive as I remember from the test drive over 2 months ago! Good luck to everyone else that is waiting for one, lot was full and a carrier was unloading.

IMG_0449.jpg

Reactions: kousze and LwlPeak
What was your order date and configuration? Thanks.
Just got home from picking up my new ride! Process was very quick and painless. Unfortunately it was raining so I didn't get to do a ton of inspection, but everything I looked at was in great shape and as I expected. Took a bit of driving before I could use autopilot as the cameras hadn't fully calibrated yet, but still as fun to drive as I remember from the test drive over 2 months ago! Good luck to everyone else that is waiting for one, lot was full and a carrier was unloading.

View attachment 669159
[/QUOTE]

I have a MYLR white/black | 20" | 5 seats, with delivery scheduled all the way at 6/10 morning ... received VIN 5/28 5YJxxxxxxxx198xxx

Any issues so far with panel gaps, paint mismatch etc?
Was the lumbar button on passenger side missing?

Originally when I got my VIN it stated delivery June 3 - 9 so I am guessing it is coming on another shipment but hard to tell? Interested in Raleigh experience so far from others.

So I just went by the Raleigh service center ! Y’all need to come pick up your model Ys because there are plenty there . I saw many model 3s as well . I saw one very nice red model y with white interior and induction wheels . Sadly My car is still in Texas on a rail car !!!!! 🤦‍♂️ I am curious on how long it usually takes in transit from Texas .
any white MY with 20" induction wheels ???!

Considering going by I think I also had an SA that went out of office with no auto-reply ... frustrating the basics of OOO seem to not be used, and I would like to find out exactly where the shipment my MY is by the VIN. Others have done this more exact tracking by VIN and I am not sure why I am not able to reach someone on this info.

I have a MYLR white/black | 20" | 5 seats, with delivery scheduled all the way at 6/10 morning ... received VIN 5/28 5YJxxxxxxxx198xxx

Any issues so far with panel gaps, paint mismatch etc?
Was the lumbar button on passenger side missing?

Originally when I got my VIN it stated delivery June 3 - 9 so I am guessing it is coming on another shipment but hard to tell? Interested in Raleigh experience so far from others.
I had what I thought was a small
Panel gap. But deemed in spec. A missing grommet from inside wheel well and a piece of trim that wasn’t aligned inside. Fixed at SC

What was your order date and configuration? Thanks.

View attachment 669159

MY P, midnight silver metallic, black interior, tow, FSD on March 28. VIN received May 28, pickup June 3

Just picked up my Model Y at the Raleigh SC and the process was very quick and streamlined. Most of the time was spent going through the checklist that someone in the main thread had posted. I didn't find anything too crazy... just the back driver's side door needing more force than the other doors to close, and a couple of gaps by the charging port and rear driver's side headlight.

The gentleman that helped me with the delivery process was very nice; however, the lady that took over after his shift/lunch was very dismissive when I tried reporting the above issues. She kept repeating "all cars are inspected and verified to be in spec prior to delivery" and refused to document any of the issues.

I will likely need to reach out to someone else there for assistance, or maybe just forget about the minor issues and focus on enjoying my new ride :cool:

any white MY with 20" induction wheels ???!

Considering going by I think I also had an SA that went out of office with no auto-reply ... frustrating the basics of OOO seem to not be used, and I would like to find out exactly where the shipment my MY is by the VIN. Others have done this more exact tracking by VIN and I am not sure why I am not able to reach someone on this info.
I can’t remember but I saw a few white model Ys I can’t remember if they had the induction wheels or not. I did see a very nice red model Y that had white interior and the induction wheels .

Drove by the Raleigh SC to see if I could spot
my car but it was not in the lot took some pictures, I only checked the MY that were black and had black wheels black interior for VIN numbers one had a number 194xxx th second one was 193xxx
20210604_124725.jpg
20210604_124736.jpg
20210604_124742.jpg
20210604_124746.jpg
20210604_124754.jpg

20210604_124438.jpg

Just picked up my Model Y at the Raleigh SC and the process was very quick and streamlined. Most of the time was spent going through the checklist that someone in the main thread had posted. I didn't find anything too crazy... just the back driver's side door needing more force than the other doors to close, and a couple of gaps by the charging port and rear driver's side headlight.

The gentleman that helped me with the delivery process was very nice; however, the lady that took over after his shift/lunch was very dismissive when I tried reporting the above issues. She kept repeating "all cars are inspected and verified to be in spec prior to delivery" and refused to document any of the issues.

I will likely need to reach out to someone else there for assistance, or maybe just forget about the minor issues and focus on enjoying my new ride :cool:
Whatever bothers you should be inspected. Go into Tesla app and schedule a service. You will fill in check boxes with photos. Very easy. I had a handful of things looked at and a few corrected that where out of spec for free a day after I picked up the vehicle. You have 100 miles to report anything related to leather and trim that could otherwise be normal wear and tear.
Sounds like the SA who took over was Gabriella. Am I correct?

can you post a photo of what that gap looks like? just curious!!

can you post a photo of what that gap looks like? just curious!!
Here's some pictures of the rear headlights, charge port and passenger side headliner. I reported these issues via the app while I'm still under 100 miles (92 to be exact) and scheduled service for later this month.

Attachments

• IMG_1909.JPG
    IMG_1909.JPG
    338.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1915.JPG
    IMG_1915.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1916.JPG
    IMG_1916.JPG
    268.4 KB · Views: 31
I don't see anything wrong with the charger port photos above? I guess I don't know what it is supposed to look like.
I also see a MSM with Geminis in one of the lot photos above. Hoping it could be mine! Though they said it would arrive on June 13...so doubt it is mine.