Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Carolina Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, my White MYP with white interior keeps getting delayed..... I ordered April 5, have a VIN, originally scheduled for delivery today, then it got delayed till tomorrow and now it's delayed again until Saturday.... Fingers crossed it will not be delayed again.... ahhhhhh!
Why is it delayed ? Did they say it hadn’t arrived yet ? Or is it some other issue ?

Why is it delayed ? Did they say it hadn’t arrived yet ? Or is it some other issue ?
"Good morning Jeff,
This is your Tesla Raleigh Team reaching out regarding your upcoming delivery. Your Model Y is still currently in transit and the appointment is being tentatively rescheduled for the 12th of June to allow the vehicle to arrive. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to having you on the road soon."

Ordered a blue MY LR on 4/29.
(black interior, tow hitch, autopilot only)

Still only have an RN, and it still says 5–8 weeks from order day...

Took delivery of my new Model Y yesterday, Saturday, June 12. Absolutely love the car, but if possible I have even more questions now that I can actually play with, than I had before I got it.

Like is the expensive screen protector worth it, does the pattern on all-weather floor mats really matter, and how soon can I plan a long road-trip.

Is this just a permanent condition of driving a Tesla?

• Funny
Reactions: nabsher
Took delivery of my new Model Y yesterday, Saturday, June 12. Absolutely love the car, but if possible I have even more questions now that I can actually play with, than I had before I got it.

Like is the expensive screen protector worth it, does the pattern on all-weather floor mats really matter, and how soon can I plan a long road-trip.

Is this just a permanent condition of driving a Tesla?
What was your order date and VIN range?

Also, can you tell a little bit more about your delivery experience? How long did it take, etc...?

Carvana gave me a price $1100 more than my trade.. but the way tax works it ends up being a wash. From what I understand if the Tesla is $53K and my trade value is $13K, only the $40K gets taxed.
If I do a cash down payment instead, the entire $53K gets taxed...
So unless I'm getting at least $2-3K more, it is a wash. Am I correct?
Wait sales tax in NC isn’t capped? Here in SC the maximum sales tax on a car purchase is $500 so the trade in wouldn’t help at all