Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Carolina Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We rode through the Raleigh SC lot tonight. They had a good mix of Ys and 3s. Probably 50/50.
They had 3 Ys that matched my config, but the VINs were 192xxx, 194xxx, and 196xxx. Mine is 199xxx and is "supposed" to arrive on 6/13.

Has anyone had any luck calling, texting or emailing the Raleigh dealership? I was hoping to chat with someone about any existing inventory but can’t seem to get through or any return of my texts or emails.
I've always gotten a response within 24 hours when contacting my SA. The exception was after I got my VIN, but I chalked it up to Memorial Day weekend. They contacted me on Tuesday and we setup a delivery date.
If you are able to drive out there, that's the best bet if you want a really quick response (for example existing inventory).

When I was at the sales center on Wednesday test driving, a SA said there were “lots of trucks” coming in these days with MY’s. I don’t live close enough to drive by this week but I hope the lot is staying full and that I get surprised by an earlier EDD than the late July/early August that I have now.

Has anyone who has either taken delivery or scoped out the lot seen whether the actual different performance headlights are included in this batch? Or do they still have the older style headlights & only got software updates for the pure vision vs actual different headlights? In watching DaErik video on model Y and pure vision, it mentioned the old headlights coming on the person who had taken delivery recently, and wondering what folks are seeing...

If anyone sees white MY w/induction wheels and VIN starting 198 let me know.. so anxious to pick up highly considering going over there today as my SA is out on Mondays & Tuesdays/weird days of the week and I doubt I will have luck actually reaching anyone before delivery, they seem so busy like they may not even contact me if the car is there available for pickup prior to the scheduled date...

We rode through the Raleigh SC lot tonight. They had a good mix of Ys and 3s. Probably 50/50.
They had 3 Ys that matched my config, but the VINs were 192xxx, 194xxx, and 196xxx. Mine is 199xxx and is "supposed" to arrive on 6/13.
Our must both be coming from the same batch and truck cuz mine is supposed to arrive the 13 and it's also vin number 199xxx

Reactions: Wolfpacker83
Was finally able to get someone to track the shipment to Raleigh based on VIN # -- mine ending 198xxx arrived this morning! No trip to the site necessary -- they told me that it typically takes about 24 hours for any paperwork, cleaning of the car etc to occur before it is possible for someone to take delivery. Crossing fingers I may get to pick mine up a day or 2 early! (originally scheduled for Thursday) ... when SA was not responding I just used the callback/chat feature on tesla.com and that helped!

Was finally able to get someone to track the shipment to Raleigh based on VIN # -- mine ending 198xxx arrived this morning! No trip to the site necessary -- they told me that it typically takes about 24 hours for any paperwork, cleaning of the car etc to occur before it is possible for someone to take delivery. Crossing fingers I may get to pick mine up a day or 2 early! (originally scheduled for Thursday) ... when SA was not responding I just used the callback/chat feature on tesla.com and that helped!
Oh that’s great ! I was actually supposed to pick my car up on Thursday but I am out of town so I pushed it to Friday . So what they are telling you is it is usually there 24 hours before schedule delivery ?

Oh that’s great ! I was actually supposed to pick my car up on Thursday but I am out of town so I pushed it to Friday . So what they are telling you is it is usually there 24 hours before schedule delivery ?
You may of course schedule delivery when you have your VIN/when you get the auto-text, however I was told there is no possibility to move your delivery/take a delivery until at least 24 hours after it arrives to the lot.

You may of course schedule delivery when you have your VIN/when you get the auto-text, however I was told there is no possibility to move your delivery/take a delivery until at least 24 hours after it arrives to the lot.
I was never offered the option to schedule they automatically did it for me . I didn’t even get a text . I told them to move it to Friday and they did . I was wondering if it was there because I want to go see it lol even if I can’t take delivery until Friday 😂 blue model 3 vin starting in 979

I was never offered the option to schedule they automatically did it for me . I didn’t even get a text . I told them to move it to Friday and they did . I was wondering if it was there because I want to go see it lol even if I can’t take delivery until Friday 😂 blue model 3 vin starting in 979
Should have paid better attention ... was looking at blue model 3 VIN's in lot yesterday w/black aero wheels for a friend...! Most did start 979.

Dropped by yesterday as it had almost been 24 hours from the car getting to the lot, and asked if there was any chance they could let me take delivery before my scheduled appointment June 10 @10:30 -- they let me come back to get it yesterday afternoon !! (White MY 20" induction wheels, black interior FSD). Looked carefully at panel gaps , paint & lights & did not notice any -- there is a larger gap by the trunk & tail lights, it is true but I looked at other model Y's to compare mine to them and it looked the same/nothing unusual. Also note, if using the checklist for Model Y, there is no longer a T/Tesla button on the screen so you must go to software to see the about your car. The scratchpad should also be in Toybox as well. Was delivered with the new "performance" style MY headlights, which made me happy. It could have been cleaned a little more thoroughly, and any initial items I thought were paint chips when putting my finger on them just turned out to be small specs of dirt.

Enjoy, everyone..!

Should have paid better attention ... was looking at blue model 3 VIN's in lot yesterday w/black aero wheels for a friend...! Most did start 979.

Dropped by yesterday as it had almost been 24 hours from the car getting to the lot, and asked if there was any chance they could let me take delivery before my scheduled appointment June 10 @10:30 -- they let me come back to get it yesterday afternoon !! (White MY 20" induction wheels, black interior FSD). Looked carefully at panel gaps , paint & lights & did not notice any -- there is a larger gap by the trunk & tail lights, it is true but I looked at other model Y's to compare mine to them and it looked the same/nothing unusual. Also note, if using the checklist for Model Y, there is no longer a T/Tesla button on the screen so you must go to software to see the about your car. The scratchpad should also be in Toybox as well. Was delivered with the new "performance" style MY headlights, which made me happy. It could have been cleaned a little more thoroughly, and any initial items I thought were paint chips when putting my finger on them just turned out to be small specs of dirt.

Enjoy, everyone..!
Did you just reach out someone to track the VIN? Sounds like they got a big delivery today/yesterday!

Did you just reach out someone to track the VIN? Sounds like they got a big delivery today/yesterday!
When my SA did not respond in about 24 hours by email, I opened a random chat on tesla.com and asked them to track shipment by VIN, mentioning I could not reach my SA. Then at end of day SA finally got back to me & confirmed the same. If your SA says they cannot track shipment by VIN, that is lie but it seemed more than just my SA was able to tell the car had made it to the lot.

Well, my White MYP with white interior keeps getting delayed..... I ordered April 5, have a VIN, originally scheduled for delivery today, then it got delayed till tomorrow and now it's delayed again until Saturday.... Fingers crossed it will not be delayed again.... ahhhhhh!