Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome! Sent you a message with contact details, you don’t have to use them, this is a simple job that any electrician can do. Just don’t let them fool you into using cheap materials at a premium price coz it’s for a “Tesla”..
Appreciate you! Yeah, def need and will heed these warnings. For what it’s worth, you truly have been a great source of much needed info especially to people like myself who are so new to Tesla.

Was supposed to take delivery today but now tomorrow (hopefully). I have to say the service from Tesla is a bit ridiculous. My car was a demo in Austin, and it took almost 2 weeks to get it up to Dallas. Then my delivery was pushed back one day. I asked to hold until Monday as we have plans to leave tomorrow but I was told that if I don’t accept delivery tomorrow the car will go to someone else. Wtf. I can wait 2 weeks - plus more counting when I ordered - but they can’t wait 2.5 days?!? Car is fully funded, all tasks complete. I don’t get it. Then my SA said they can deliver the car to me and leave in my driveway, or have someone else take delivery for me. No way man, leave my new car out in the open for a whole weekend? I just can’t believe the expectation to take delivery when they said it would happen, I had no opportunity to schedule a time that is convenient for us.

I’m happy to be this close to getting my car but damn this sure doesn’t leave me with good vibes as a customer. Guess that’s par for the course considering the demand right now but that’s going to catch up with them at some point.

And on top of that I can’t get an electrician to call me back or show up when they say they will to get my charger installed.

Dave - where are you now in the process? Did you get it?

(I just got back from a three day road trip)
got a call from the Plano service center where my car was delivered on the morning of the 31st. The guy said he was looking over the notes on my account and was apologetic for the circus it’s been. He went on to say there are a couple minor things to fix and he explained that although there’s a rush to get vehicles delivered end of quarter - he wants to repair these issues before I delivery so it’s a better experience. That, my friends, is great customer service! So I’ll be taking delivery next week, day TBD but have a great contact giving me the details now which is much appreciated.

congrats - and don't bother about the 110 thing, it's slow but it'll give you some decent range if you let it sit overnight

If it's not enough, there's always the SC at 75 and Walnut Hill, NE corner
Yep that’s my solution until I can get my 14-50 installed. Might find me having a cup of coffee at Houndstooth while charging up. I don’t drive that much but nice to have that down the road.

Any recommendations for tint (percentage, quality, and windshield) around us? Have a quote from XPEL below but wondering if anyone else has other options as well.

Also side question, to PPF or not PPF? Never had it applied to any car I’ve owned and just wondering if $7k is worth it. I’ve heard the clearcoat on California made cars is softer due to regulations.

Side and Back Windows:
Prime CS: $249
PRIME XR Nano Ceramic: $399
PRIME XR PLUS 2 Layer Nano Ceramic: $699

Windshield:
PRIME XR: $299
PRIME XR PLUS: $399

Sunroof:
PRIME XR 70: $200
Prime XR Plus 70: $275
*Add $200 for Tesla Models Y

Anyone interested, let me know. Fort Worth/Keller area pick up. Have one that has a minor scuff at one end, otherwise brand new and never been installed.

Any recommendations for tint (percentage, quality, and windshield) around us? Have a quote from XPEL below but wondering if anyone else has other options as well.

Also side question, to PPF or not PPF? Never had it applied to any car I’ve owned and just wondering if $7k is worth it. I’ve heard the clearcoat on California made cars is softer due to regulations.

Side and Back Windows:
Prime CS: $249
PRIME XR Nano Ceramic: $399
PRIME XR PLUS 2 Layer Nano Ceramic: $699

Windshield:
PRIME XR: $299
PRIME XR PLUS: $399

Sunroof:
PRIME XR 70: $200
Prime XR Plus 70: $275
*Add $200 for Tesla Models Y
About a month away from delivery based on current EDD with your color combo. What did you wind up doing with yours, how long did it take, and who did you wind up using? I'm currently leaning toward doing glass with some kind of heat rejection but no PPF.