Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update on EDD, remains unchanged.

Based on the data available in the tracker sheet, less than 100 entries in July so far is no where close to more than 1000 new entries in last quarter, there is less demand this quarter, unless the tracker sheet has lost its popularity among new comers.

@LoneStarEve , agree with you on the backlog, looking at reduced number of VIN entries, it's possible Tesla's stock of raw materials has depleted finally, resulting in reduced production. I was worried enough to look into Mach-E forums for similar trends, Feb/March orders are pending with October EDD, few examples here, here. Ford depends on 3rd parties for many of Mach-E components, unlike Tesla, not an accurate comparison I know, at-least Tesla has been doing better under these circumstances.

There could be reduced production is parts constraints are catching up…
However there may be less enthusiasm for the spreadsheet by now, certainly I haven’t gotten around to adding my details, whereas a quick message on this thread is easy so I wouldn’t read too much into that. I also think the popularity of the cars is expanding to the average Joe who doesn’t post here and certainly doesn’t fill in spreadsheets? I think the early adopters are more likely to do both those things?

There could be reduced production is parts constraints are catching up…
However there may be less enthusiasm for the spreadsheet by now, certainly I haven’t gotten around to adding my details, whereas a quick message on this thread is easy so I wouldn’t read too much into that. I also think the popularity of the cars is expanding to the average Joe who doesn’t post here and certainly doesn’t fill in spreadsheets? I think the early adopters are more likely to do both those things?
Yes, I agree, spread sheet does not make sense anymore, not required.

Based on when @Yankees got his VIN vs his order date I thought you would get yours in the 25th (yesterday) but seems not. Maybe between his order date and yours the backlog was growing so will be interesting to see when you get yours but I doubt I’ll get mine on the 4th or even that week unless you get your VIN soon…
Man I wish that was the case but hopefully will wake up to a VIN one day this week

Hey everyone, I just got the email to update my insurance and now have a VIN!
Question, EDD is 8/4 -8/10 what day should I have my insurance policy begin? Since I can’t schedule the actual date until I have the policy it is hard to calculate. I don’t want to pay for a policy when I don’t have the car but also don’t want to delay delivery.

Any thoughts??

Reactions: whitehartdave
Hey everyone, I just got the email to update my insurance and now have a VIN!
Question, EDD is 8/4 -8/10 what day should I have my insurance policy begin? Since I can’t schedule the actual date until I have the policy it is hard to calculate. I don’t want to pay for a policy when I don’t have the car but also don’t want to delay delivery.

Any thoughts??

Did you ask your insurance company? I bet you can have the policy ready, then call them to activate

or maybe if you HAVE to have a policy, make it the bare minimum but bump up the coverage as soon as you get ready to take delivery (not that that'll save that much)

Personally I'd prefer to rely on what the insurance company says than on what a bunch of anonymous people like me that you'll never meet say - lol

Personally I’d rather pay for a few extra days of insurance than cause problems picking up my car…
This is what I did, just added it as a third vehicle effective Today so I can upload it to the site. I’ll remove the car I’m replacing once I take delivery / sell it.

Interestingly, my MYP is going to cost about 800 less per year to insure than my 2020 wrangler?!?

Reactions: LoneStarEve
Just changed…

A week goes by bringing me a week closer and they move it back by a week keeping the earliest EDD at 5 weeks… In terms of number of days to EDD I am exactly where I was 2 weeks ago.

The EDD has moved 22 days closer over 32 days. In other words it takes a day and a half to move 1 day forward. This means the 36 days to earliest EDD could be 54 days, the longest being 84. As the lower 54 days takes me to within days of the end of quarter history suggests I wouldn’t be getting the car, so we start looking towards the latter EDD heading towards a further 3 months from now. Not good.

Now according to them I’m at Sep 02 to Sep 22nd, the latest I’ve seen it.
That would be 12.5-15.5 weeks from point of order or 10-13 weeks from completion of profile.
And these numbers are getting worse as time goes on.

Was advertised as 9-12 weeks for delivery when I placed the order… 😡

Given others who ordered only 2 days before me got their cars last week I think I’ll be callling them up today for the first time and reading the riot act to someone unless I get a viable explanation for it.

Last edited:
So I called the number listed on Apple Maps for the Plano Legacy West center but it just goes to some central number as far as I can tell.
Spoke to a guy on there who said my order is assigned to a central "virtual team" so there is no specific advisor.
I asked him to check my account if anything on it looks wrong or raises any flags for him and he said it all looks great, and the only way to get a quicker car would be to keep checking the inventory and being flexible spec wise, but I'm not about to go down that road.
I asked if delaying the profile completion 2 weeks made any difference and he claims not, but again I don't know how much they really know, I assume they just sit in a call center somewhere.
I also asked about cars being already delivered to this area that were only ordered a couple of days before me and he suggested that unless they were the exact same spec I shouldn't read too much into that and the cars are batched based on area and I won't see a VIN until a batch has been allocated to this area (and that I am in early enough to be in that batch which he couldn't confirm).
In short, the advice was keep waiting and don't check the EDD daily as it's like checking stock prices, they fluctuate too much. And we appreciate your custom etc etc etc.

So apart from gaining an email address for this "virtual" central team the only benefit was hearing a human voice from Tesla I suppose, lol...

Reactions: whitehartdave