Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR/MSM/All Black/5/Tow/Gemini: 6/24 order EDD today 8/28-9/17.

I haven't been checking it as frequently as before. At least all of our dates are moving in same direction and relatively closer irrespective of different configurations.

Tesla wouldn't be immune to global chip shortage, we must not loose hope. I see a lot of late May, early June orders receiving their VINs.

Well there is always that anxiety, I got another two variables that may require renewal, loan and trade in, people here have mixed opinions/experiences on how these affect our position in line. I am being paranoid, maybe, keeping the accessories; wall connector, mud flaps, floor mats and even the electrical supply, conduit, cable etc as they are received, not opening until I schedule the delivery, not a good sign though given I got no plans switch to any other EV or buy another ICE.

On a side note, @Yankees , you owned EVs, my wife brought up an interesting concern, every time we go on long drives, we look for places like RaceTrac which have comparatively cleaner facilities for nature calls. We hope they come up with charging stations, for their own future, we feel it will be a terrible idea parking a Tesla outside a RaceTrac. Are there restrooms in super charging stations ?

On a side note, @Yankees , you owned EVs, my wife brought up an interesting concern, every time we go on long drives, we look for places like RaceTrac which have comparatively cleaner facilities for nature calls. We hope they come up with charging stations, for their own future, we feel it will be a terrible idea parking a Tesla outside a RaceTrac. Are there restrooms in super charging stations ?
Great question! We did roadtrip quite a bit, this spring alone we did Dallas <-> Los Angeles w/ our two young kids (roundtrip). We had no issues with finding facilities (especially important considering the kids). SuperChargers break down into the following categories:
  1. SuperChargers at convenience stores, usually some sort of gas station. This can vary from smaller ones to quite large ones, like this example: Henrietta SuperCharger.
  2. SuperChargers at hotels, these are usually nice places like Hampton Inn (example: Van Horn SC @ Hampton Inn). The etiquette varies by location, most places though are fully aware of the SuperCharger and Tesla owners and if you're nice they will be nice in return and let you use the facilities. For example, after I politely asked to use the bathroom at the Hampton Inn SC (which was super clean, and I went into the mens), I asked at the front desk if I can buy a coffee. They told me to have one, which was super nice and I thanked them for it.
  3. Malls and/or large stores, like San Marcos, Southlake & Hawthorne, CA SuperChargers. Here there are plenty of stores/food places you can go to. The Hawthorne one is by a large Target (and is actually right across from SpaceX and the Design Studio, which also had an SC but they've removed it from public use).
  4. Unique/boutique SuperChargers, a perfect example of this being the Corsicana/Waco SC, better known as the infamous Collin Street Bakery Supercharger which shall not be missed. The bakery gives a free coffee drink to Tesla owners and is just generally a great experience — a surprise in one of the most unexpected of places, for sure! I make it a point to hit it up on the way to/from Austin.
It's usually not a worry, and once you get used to it you don't have to actively think about it. They're actually (still) a cool experience — I look forward to the SC stops in addition to the trip itself!

Edit: when traveling such long distances, I highly recommend you figure out your spare situation. We purchased a ModernSpare, and will be doing the same for the Y. You don't want to be stuck in the middle of the desert with an unrepairable flat, no spare and no cell service!

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: chand
Mine has held at Aug 26th to Sep 15th for 15 days now, was hoping it would have settled on the one 6 days earlier of course but I’ll take no more pushbacks!

As my earliest EDD is 5 weeks out (and the latest is still 8 weeks out) I wonder when I should expect to see a VIN?
Assuming it appears when they start building it I guess it’s a question of how long between that and actual delivery is typical. I assume they don’t hold them long at the factory so maybe with trucking it would take a week to get to Texas from the point of starting production?
If so maybe a see a VIN as early as 3-4 weeks from now if the best EDD is a target, but still 6-7 weeks if not?

well don't pick it up by the roof - unless you want it to look like this :oops:

20150116_163658.jpg

Mine has held at Aug 26th to Sep 15th for 15 days now, was hoping it would have settled on the one 6 days earlier of course but I’ll take no more pushbacks!

As my earliest EDD is 5 weeks out (and the latest is still 8 weeks out) I wonder when I should expect to see a VIN?
Assuming it appears when they start building it I guess it’s a question of how long between that and actual delivery is typical. I assume they don’t hold them long at the factory so maybe with trucking it would take a week to get to Texas from the point of starting production?
If so maybe a see a VIN as early as 3-4 weeks from now if the best EDD is a target, but still 6-7 weeks if not?
wondering the same thing myself - any insight into when VINs are assigned based on EDD?

Reactions: hcdavis3