Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any May orders still waiting on a VIN / delivery?
LR, Midnight Silver, 19”, White, 7 seats
Ordered 5/25 and completed profile same day
EDD says 8/12 - 9/1

The only odd thing I noticed is I received a second ‘confirming your Model Y update’ email on 6/17 but I had not even been in looking at the configuration. Tesla couldn’t explain it but said it wouldn’t impact my order priority. One person thought it was around the time they removed radar and said they may have updated the agreement behind the scenes. Anyone else experience that?
EDD now 9/16-9/30. Haven’t heard from any others that ordered in May still waiting so not sure what would explain it.

I suspect there was a glitch and that 2nd update email is your priority date now but that’s only a guess.
I did have trouble with the Tesla accessories store where I ordered the corded mobile connector when it finally came back into stock after weeks of checking but I didn’t get a confirmation email for it even though I did for a 2nd order placed later the same day. When I raised a ticket online about it I got the confirmation email a couple of days later. That 2nd order showed up but I still don’t have my corded mobile connector so I assume there was a glitch and I didn’t get onto that batch of them. This despite ordering as soon as they were in stock with the add to cart button being available for some two hours after I ordered so I should have been comfortably in that batch line.
I don’t seem to have much luck with Tesla’s ordering systems…

I'm completely hosed now

I used to have a screen where I could see the EDD, now I have a "dashboard" and there's a link to manage my order

trouble is that that link doesn't go anywhere

I had the same issue, see my post a few days ago.
You need to clear your browser cache/cookies which would log you out of every website, but you can do it for a single website (Tesla.com) on an iPhone using Safari, or even a desktop using Firefox or Chrome. I gave some instructions for the iPhone but it’s a similar process on other browsers.

Well today mine moved forward a week to Aug 27th to Sep 16th.
I won’t hold my breath on it staying there, but for now, according to the spreadsheet tracker I made, my earliest EDD is now 26 days away which is the closest it’s ever been…

Based on @MapleMuffins above getting a VIN after 60 days (and 3 days before earliest EDD) that would work out to be this Thursday (5th) for me based on my order date but would be the 24th if based on finance submission date and my earliest EDD…

Last edited:
Reactions: TesslAshanti
<rant>

It's just so pathetic really. I'm a mainframe developer and every place I've worked at, including the current one has said "We're getting rid of the mainframe" and/or "The mainframe's going away". In the meantime we keep writing mainframe code, buying more mainframes, celebrating all the new mid tier applications that nobody admits simply go to the mainframe to get their data, maybe even do the processing up on ... you guessed it; the mainframe

Then when one of the mid tier applications doesn't work they say "Are you running it under IE? because you have to run it under Chrome" - WTF??? We make mid tier applications (appropriately) so that remote users and customers can use them, and then we're too lazy to make the application work on more than one browser????? It's yet another problem you won't see on the mainframe

Clearing the cache, or deleting the cookies is another thing our help desk tells us to do when things stop working ... as if it's acceptable to force a user to do that

It just gets so old, and tbh, it's all fashion. Just wait ten years and the mantra will be "We have to get a mainframe" or "You're not a proper business if you don't run your code on a mainframe" or "We can't get any people with mid-tier experience so we're going to concentrate on the mainframe". Yes once they bleed us dry selling the mid-tier snake oil, they'll just reverse the equation and bleed us dry selling us the opposite. "You should NEVER do Agile; it should ALWAYS be Waterfall development" and "Give us several hundred thousand dollars and we'll teach you how to do Waterfall" and "You can spend even more re-organizing the workspaces" 💩

Ah, that feels better

</rant>

I'll give it a try - thanks 😇

Something off topic - any leads for electricians? Looking to get 14-50 installed. How much did it cost y’all?

There's a link somewhere on the Tesla site for local electricians, who should theoretically know what they're doing. Can't remember where now, but keep looking.

Any "real" electrician should be able to get you set up, but it'd be nice to use one that was listed there as you'd hope they had some sort of training from Tesla, even if it costs a bit more

I also do mostly dev work although not with mainframes. But I work at a large financial institution and our internal web apps all require different browsers! No excuse for that, or even not working across all browsers in 2021!
(To be clear, the stuff *I* write always works cross platform!)

As for 14-50 install, I paid $400 for a socket maybe 15 feet from the panel with the run inside flexible steel conduit, 50A breaker. There nothing Tesla specific about this it’s just a standard stove/range socket install. I’m in Plano and electrician comes from McKinney.

Last edited:
I also do mostly dev work although not with mainframes. But I work at a large financial institution and our internal web apps all require different browsers! No excuse for that, or even not working across all browsers in 2021!
(To be clear, the stuff *I* write always works cross platform!)

As for 14-50 install, I paid $400 for a socket maybe 15 feet from the panel with the run inside flexible steel conduit, 50A breaker. There nothing Tesla specific about this it’s just a standard stove/range socket install. I’m in Plano and electrician comes from McKinney.
I wonder if your guy would come out to Flower Mound? Great price!