Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Registration in Rusk Co:

Thought I'd finish up my time in this group with how my registration went.

My paperwork arrived on Monday just before lunch. In my excitement, I grabbed the paperwork and headed to the county tax office in Henderson, about 25 miles away. I got there and there was one person in line ahead of me. Walked up to the window and the lady checked the paperwork and said "You and your wife need to sign this." Doh!! Well, my wife was at work in Kilgore, so I tell her, "Okay, I'll run up to Kilgore (about 25 miles away) and come back. She then tells me, well, you could just take it to the sub-office in Kilgore to finish up. I'm like, "What sub-office??" She gives me directions. I then mention that I actually live in Overton to which she replies, "Or, you could take it to the sub-office in Overton", again I'm like "What??" I've lived here 7 years and didn't know I could do this right there in Overton.

So, I decide to just go back home, let Karen sign the paperwork that night and then drive into Overton at lunch tomorrow (about 3 miles). I get to the very small sub-office in Overton and again there is one person in line ahead of me. I get up to the window, hand the lady the paperwork, she gives me the total, I give her a check, and she hands me my plates and sticker. In and out in under 10 minutes!

Do I miss living in the Metroplex (Flower Mound)? Not ever on a single day! :)

For those who have recently picked up your MY, Enjoy!!

For those who are still waiting, hang in there. It's worth the wait!!

Enjoy!
Glad to hear you had a similar pleasant experience like I did in Frisco/Plano. The county tax assessor sub offices are great.

Reactions: EvEv and MSHampton
Those b@st@rds!

They just put me back from 10/5 -- 10/22 to 10/18 --> 10/27

and my blue thing is still grey

I hate these people now
Oh God , I wasn't expecting this would happen. EDD window has shrinked to 8 days with no VIN, that's interesting, I am not sure if they are building just the colored ones these days, whites are coming, hang in there.

So 17 days after pickup and 10 days to temporary tag expiry and no sign of any paperwork. I don’t know if this is because it’s part financed through US Bank and they take their sweet time or what…
I financed through Tesla (Chase) and was shocked that I got my paperwork so quickly. First, I got a notification of the FedEx label getting printed the day after I picked up my car. That one never materialized, but then 2 weeks later, I get notified that the paperwork had been shipped to me. Got it on Monday this week and we registered by Tuesday, just a little over 2 weeks after picking up the car. When I took my temp tag off the car I noticed that it was in fact double sided, one side expiring in Oct and the other side expiring in Nov. I didn't even make it to the first expiration date.

I financed through Tesla (Chase) and was shocked that I got my paperwork so quickly. First, I got a notification of the FedEx label getting printed the day after I picked up my car. That one never materialized, but then 2 weeks later, I get notified that the paperwork had been shipped to me. Got it on Monday this week and we registered by Tuesday, just a little over 2 weeks after picking up the car. When I took my temp tag off the car I noticed that it was in fact double sided, one side expiring in Oct and the other side expiring in Nov. I didn't even make it to the first expiration date.
When you say you were notified do you mean Tesl or Chase sent you a text or email to say the paperwork had been mailed? It’s been crickets from both so far…
My plate wasn’t double sided but based on your comment I did just go through the stuff I found in the trunk I which was a license plate holder, window sticker and yes, a printout of a second temp tag until Nov 10th or so which is good.

On a side note…

I ordered a rubber protector for the trunk sill but the company sent me a stainless steel one with carbon effect etching on it by mistake. They’re going to sent me the correct replacement but said I could keep the steel ones.
I don’t need them so happy to donate to whoever could pick them up from central Plano, you’d just need to replace the double sided tape strips on the back with fresh ones (as I already fitted them to the car before realizing the error).
First to PM me that can pickup can have them:

When you say you were notified do you mean Tesl or Chase sent you a text or email to say the paperwork had been mailed? It’s been crickets from both so far…
My plate wasn’t double sided but based on your comment I did just go through the stuff I found in the trunk I which was a license plate holder, window sticker and yes, a printout of a second temp tag until Nov 10th or so which is good.
I did 3rd party financing (DCU) and the 2 week window for paperwork still held true. I became aware through the FedEx delivery manager account. Any time any one is shipping something to my address through fedex I become aware of it through the fedex app. I believe it’s free for anyone to signup. Similar to MSHampton my first Tesla tracking never materialized, it still shows up as pending in the fedex app.

I did 3rd party financing (DCU) and the 2 week window for paperwork still held true. I became aware through the FedEx delivery manager account. Any time any one is shipping something to my address through fedex I become aware of it through the fedex app. I believe it’s free for anyone to signup. Similar to MSHampton my first Tesla tracking never materialized, it still shows up as pending in the fedex app.
Ah ok!

I didn’t know FedEx had a system like that, I might have to sign up…

Reactions: MSHampton
Sorry. I was notified by FedEx. You can set up a free account with them and get notified whenever you have a package on the way.
Ah ok!

I didn’t know FedEx had a system like that, I might have to sign up…
Postal service also has 'informed delivery' that sends you emails showing what you should be getting each day.

@LoneStarEve or others that used Plaid with BofA.

How to revoke the access once done paying:

1. After logging in, click on 'Security Center' and select 'Overview'
2. Down below in the 'Overview' section, there is 'Data Sharing' block, it will be listing the third parties , click on 'Review' and delete Tesla.

Please ignore if you have already done this.

Data Sharing.jpg

My temp plate was not double sided when I took it off today. I also did not have a second temp one in trunk.

Having said that, the paperwork from Tesla appeared out of the blue for me without any email or notification so I’m sure it must be around the corner for those waiting still.

Registration and taxes took barely 5 minutes at Hurst tax office. Call before going and they’ll suggest a time when they don’t have much rush.

I didnt think Tesla offered financing in Texas - just lease?

I just got an email saying:

Pay Your Model Y Balance​
RN115186xxx​
Submit your final payment in your Tesla Account prior to delivery.​

Following the link ... well no NEVER follow a link in an email (why do they even put them in there?) - going to my account I see

Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery​

and there's a VIN ! 5YJYGDEE0MF286xxx

Funnily enough, the EDD has come forward a day to 10/17 --> 10/23

Now they want we to use Plaid (which I've never heard of) to make the payment. Step one: hand over the logon information for my bank <bang head>

I guess if I was younger this would all be normal and I'd probably jump right on it, but I just don't really like the lack of control

Reactions: chand
I just got an email saying:

Pay Your Model Y Balance​
RN115186xxx​
Submit your final payment in your Tesla Account prior to delivery.​

Following the link ... well no NEVER follow a link in an email (why do they even put them in there?) - going to my account I see

Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery​

and there's a VIN ! 5YJYGDEE0MF286xxx

Funnily enough, the EDD has come forward a day to 10/17 --> 10/23

Now they want we to use Plaid (which I've never heard of) to make the payment. Step one: hand over the logon information for my bank <bang head>

I guess if I was younger this would all be normal and I'd probably jump right on it, but I just don't really like the lack of control
I did it. My back is bank of America. Here is what I did.

1) transferred the amount into my savings account, which usually has a very minimal amount in it.
2) did the plaid thing and used that account.
3) one the transfer is complete, go into BoA account online and remove plaids access.

No problem. Like you I am very hesitant of having out my banking info. I much prefer if I can initiate the transfer, but apparently this is a common practice.

Reactions: chand