Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slight snafu when preparing everything for registration, Tesla did not include my State Inspection Report in the docs when I picked up the car. I called them and they said I could do a walk in at the Service Center and they’d do it again, so here I am…
On a side note, the delivery parking lot was practically empty which was a surprise…

Reactions: EvEv and chand
Slight snafu when preparing everything for registration, Tesla did not include my State Inspection Report in the docs when I picked up the car. I called them and they said I could do a walk in at the Service Center and they’d do it again, so here I am…
On a side note, the delivery parking lot was practically empty which was a surprise…
I didn't have it either, but didn't need it. The vin is in the tx system as a valid inspection.

Reactions: LoneStarEve
I didn't have it either, but didn't need it. The vin is in the tx system as a valid inspection.
I was going to do the registration in person and maybe if I get the right county employee it would be ok but decided I couldn’t be bothered to deal with any potential hassle or even dealing with the county so would use thetitlegirl and they I insist it’s sent in the package so…
Regardless they had me in and out in 15 mins at the service center so not a big issue.

Reactions: chand and MSHampton
I was going to do the registration in person and maybe if I get the right county employee it would be ok but decided I couldn’t be bothered to deal with any potential hassle or even dealing with the county so would use thetitlegirl and they I insist it’s sent in the package so…
Regardless they had me in and out in 15 mins at the service center so not a big issue.
i plan on using the SC for the annual inspections, glad to hear that's a pleasant and quick experience, i tinted the windshield and don't want to risk the standard inspection places failing it...

I did it. My back is bank of America. Here is what I did.

1) transferred the amount into my savings account, which usually has a very minimal amount in it.
2) did the plaid thing and used that account.
3) one the transfer is complete, go into BoA account online and remove plaids access.

How long did it take for them to pull the money? As soon as the transaction shows up in my account I'm changing the password

What are you guys going to do about annual car inspection? I imagine EVs have to get inspected every time registration has to get renewed. I feel like regular shops in the neighborhoods will be totally clueless about EVs and/or Teslas.
I live in a county where they only test lights and other functions. No emissions testing, which the tesla would pass with flying colors. Lol

What are you guys going to do about annual car inspection? I imagine EVs have to get inspected every time registration has to get renewed. I feel like regular shops in the neighborhoods will be totally clueless about EVs and/or Teslas.
i plan on using the SC for the annual inspections, glad to hear that's a pleasant and quick experience, i tinted the windshield and don't want to risk the standard inspection places failing it...

Registration in Rusk Co:

Thought I'd finish up my time in this group with how my registration went.

My paperwork arrived on Monday just before lunch. In my excitement, I grabbed the paperwork and headed to the county tax office in Henderson, about 25 miles away. I got there and there was one person in line ahead of me. Walked up to the window and the lady checked the paperwork and said "You and your wife need to sign this." Doh!! Well, my wife was at work in Kilgore, so I tell her, "Okay, I'll run up to Kilgore (about 25 miles away) and come back. She then tells me, well, you could just take it to the sub-office in Kilgore to finish up. I'm like, "What sub-office??" She gives me directions. I then mention that I actually live in Overton to which she replies, "Or, you could take it to the sub-office in Overton", again I'm like "What??" I've lived here 7 years and didn't know I could do this right there in Overton.

So, I decide to just go back home, let Karen sign the paperwork that night and then drive into Overton at lunch tomorrow (about 3 miles). I get to the very small sub-office in Overton and again there is one person in line ahead of me. I get up to the window, hand the lady the paperwork, she gives me the total, I give her a check, and she hands me my plates and sticker. In and out in under 10 minutes!

Do I miss living in the Metroplex (Flower Mound)? Not ever on a single day! :)

For those who have recently picked up your MY, Enjoy!!

For those who are still waiting, hang in there. It's worth the wait!!

Enjoy!
Great story. I'm expecting a long line in Frisco. I'll be pleasantly surprised if there isn't.
Man, I'm loving my MYP so much!!! I may drive over to Overton!

No, I'm not doing that. :)

Reactions: EvEv
Just so you know, Overton was the name on the Hornby Dublo[1] signal box. In fact I just last week saw the one we had when we were growing up

s-l400.jpg

[1] It's a train set from the sixties