Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model Y started having intermittent creaking noises in the passenger dashboard area, behind the screen. I’ve not been able to completely eliminate them but if your steering wheel is in the highest position, I believe it presses against the white/wood trim. Something you need to be careful about, when adjusting the steering wheel.

Any other ways to eliminate this intermittent creaking or reduce it further? It only happens when going over bumps and more so when slowing down

FYI looks like Tesla is now offering insurance in TX. They offered me $138/month for 100/300/100 with $1000 comprehensive and collision deductibles. What a horrendous rate for crap coverage. They got a long ways to go to beat Progressive.

Yeah the quote I got was $156 a month IIRC. Way more than the Progressive quote I'm actually using ... plus (and you had to search for this) the Uninsured Motorist defaulted to $25,000 ... on a $50,000 vehicle!

HAs anyone had any success with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality EV Grant program?

It looks like it's closed (and what do you expect from Texas?) but it's very confusing. I did try to read up on their website, but I figured I'd ask here also

HAs anyone had any success with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality EV Grant program?

It looks like it's closed (and what do you expect from Texas?) but it's very confusing. I did try to read up on their website, but I figured I'd ask here also

Our Mini dealer emailed us about that program which is limited to 2,000 cars. When I checked a few days ago it showed 0 vehicles applied…
However Tesla is not eligible as the vehicle must be bought from a Texas dealer.

If you don’t mind me asking, what was the charge for PPF and tint, and how long does it take? Thanks!
A week. Unfortunately I can’t share with you the rates they offered me, but I will say they are very competitive. PPF I did front bumper, front fenders, half hood, rocker panels on both sides, rear quarter fenders. Ceramic coating whole car. Ceramic tinting all windows, rear glass, windshield & roof.

If you get PPF quotes you *must* visit each facility and ask them to show which areas they wrap (ie wrap around the panel so there is no exposed edge) and which they don’t.
You absolutely do not want the edges of the PPF visible on a light car as you get a dirt line over time that looks terrible. And cleaning that line off is next to impossible.
There are some parts that can’t always be wrapped around, depends on the car, for example if there is no paint on the back side, or if the panel gap is too tight (the film is 8mm thick typically).
Also ask how they wrap, do they pull parts off or not. I’m not advocating for either method but bear in mind that broken clips are a possibility…
Ask them what warranty they provide (not the film warranty, their labor) and will they redo anything that lifts etc if you are not happy.

Whatever you do don’t just base the job on price or the brand of film. To do it right (so no dirt lines) is very difficult and time consuming.
Any good shop should be able to show you a Y there and what they have done to it or a video of each panel clearly showing what is and isn’t wrapped and why.

Reactions: Dayreg
Dumb question but since Tesla isn’t a dealer
Do you have to go to the tax office in DFW to register the car and pay the taxes yourself? If so if you sold the vehicle you’re replacing to a dealer/carmax could you technically write it in as a trade in on the 1030U form?

I went to the one at LBJ and Hillcrest in Dallas - actually pretty nice, but others here have mentioned small tax offices up your way

I can't answer #2, but I don't see why you could sell a vehicle on craigslist, then claim it as a trade in against a new one you bought from a dealership, so the answer is probably no. You didn't actually trade anything in

The good news is that you'll probably get way more than 6.25% of the price of your Tesla more by selling the old one on cl, so overall you'll come out better off. There are threads on here about the prices Carmax, Carvana and Vroom are currently offering

@CosmosMpower You can go to the local county office to pay taxes and do the registration. You just have to take the documents Tesla sends to you (in 2-3 weeks after the delivery). I went to the Denton county Frisco tax office at FM 423 and Lebanon. Make sure you have all the documents including inspection certificate. Tesla forgot to do the inspection for my car. So I had to go back to the service center to do it.