Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not Exactly Confidence Inspiring: CNBC Reporting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
A report published by Bloomberg Intelligence in June said factories planned by Chinese companies could have the capacity to produce more than 120 gigawatts an hour by 2021 – enough to supply 1.5 million Tesla Model S vehicles.

And a German consortium of companies led by Frankfurt-based start-up TerraE Holding GmbH is preparing to set up its own 34-watt-hour lithium-ion battery cell production facilities, touted as Germany's answer to the Gigafactory.

That's right up there with a paragraph I read just today (though the article is from July 12):

The Supercharger stations can provide enough electricity to a Model S or Model X Tesla car to drive up to 335 miles. The charging takes just 30 minutes, much faster than a typical electric car charging station.

...from a normally reputable newspaper, the Albany (N.Y.) Times Union

Crossgates getting large Tesla supercharging station

• Funny
Reactions: SageBrush
LOL....I didn't even notice. We see what we want to see I guess! 120GW per hour, so we're all set then.

Saw the same thing last week in a Philly article about our Navy Yard business complex installing "one million kilowatts" in the form of 1200 solar panels.