Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not the UK Supercharger Site News thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TOGUK also just confirmed the first Roadchef site with planning permission for Superchargers. It’s Rownhams Northbound on the M27. Same model as the Moto sites: 12x V3 plus 10x Ecotricity.

This is great and I am sure it will be a very well used site given how busy this stretch of motorway is. Unless a southbound application pops up in due course, the M3 M27 southbound route from London is going to remain tricky for charging.

Looks like Gridserve may have competition from BP

bp-pulse-e-forecourt.jpg.img.750.medium.jpg

Looks like Gridserve may have competition from BP

bp-pulse-e-forecourt.jpg.img.750.medium.jpg
Motor Fuel Group Ltd have begun work on the former BP Petrol Station site on Chester Road, Stretford (Trafford area), which looks from the planning application to be similar to the picture NewbieT posted above. The planning application refers to 8 x 150kw chargers with a wooden canopy roof and Greggs already have a sign up saying 'coming soon'.

Application etc for those interested on here - Planning application

Last edited:
Does anyone know what happened to the edict from Tbe govt that all new rapid chargers sold be contactless by spring 2020. My local morrisons just got a Geniepoint and it needs an app or rfid card to use. FFS
I googled it but can't find anything.