Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MYLR on October 18th. The estimated delivery date at the time of order was April, which has stayed the same since I ordered. However, I checked my status yesterday and it was changed to June. I checked again this morning, and now I have somehow already been assigned a VIN and I show a delivery date of November 25th-December 1. This would be awesome, but I am not ready for the car yet, l was hoping for a date closer to the original April estimate. I'm hoping Tesla will allow me to hold my order for at least a couple months.
I ordered a MYLR on October 18th. The estimated delivery date at the time of order was April, which has stayed the same since I ordered. However, I checked my status yesterday and it was changed to June. I checked again this morning, and now I have somehow already been assigned a VIN and I show a delivery date of November 25th-December 1. This would be awesome, but I am not ready for the car yet, l was hoping for a date closer to the original April estimate. I'm hoping Tesla will allow me to hold my order for at least a couple months.
What is your configuration? That’s crazy fast.

My wife ordered a MYLR, blue/black, 19" wheels, 5 seats, tow hitch, no FSD on 10/27, and I think she finalized it on 10/28.
The delivery estimate originally said "May 2022" and now it says "June 2022" with nothing more specific than that.

This happened to me today - showing 11/18-24 now. Was solid June for a month. Havent bothered trying to sell current DD or apply for financing yet as I figured I had 8 months....

Thanksgiving Eve delivery!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211116-123156_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211116-123156_Gallery.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 382.gif
    382.gif
    602.4 KB · Views: 85
Order date: 10/21. Delivery scheduled: 11/19

MYP, MSM, tow and black interior.
Man... I was this close to putting a tow hitch on my MYP and would have been identical to yours. I ordered 4 days after you so theoretically I'd be taking delivery here in a week or two. Oh well I should be back in a car from this century by the end of the year...

I was in the same boat. I found out who my SA was and emailed the person. A few hours later my order was put on hold.

Man... I was this close to putting a tow hitch on my MYP and would have been identical to yours. I ordered 4 days after you so theoretically I'd be taking delivery here in a week or two. Oh well I should be back in a car from this century by the end of the year...
I have the same build as you @esteed , but my order date was 10/16 and EDD is 12/9-12/31 and it hasn't changed once.

Reactions: esteed
I have the same build as you @esteed , but my order date was 10/16 and EDD is 12/9-12/31 and it hasn't changed once.
I’m in the same boat- but my EDD has been 12/19 - 12/31 since the beginning with no change. I have noticed that the overwhelming majority of people here seem to have ordered the long range over the performance model. For me, the extra performance I get for another $5k (8%) is well worth it. I’m a little surprised more people don’t opt for this especially considering the delivery dates are so much sooner?

Reactions: Tezlowski
OD 10/30 — LR5 Red/Black on 20s w/Tow — EDD June

I’m in the same boat- but my EDD has been 12/19 - 12/31 since the beginning with no change. I have noticed that the overwhelming majority of people here seem to have ordered the long range over the performance model. For me, the extra performance I get for another $5k (8%) is well worth it. I’m a little surprised more people don’t opt for this especially considering the delivery dates are so much sooner?

Delivery date and performance are not the only metrics people use to purchase a vehicle, and for me there are many reasons to get LR over a P. I don't think the performance differential is worth the premium, nor is it necessary. LR AWD has more power than you could ever need on public roads.

Also there are many things I definitely don't want, all of which I would get with a P:

- Stiffer suspension
- Lower ride height
- Slimmer tires
- Higher insurance rates
- Lower range
- Probable delivery before (probable) tax credit

OD 10/30 — LR5 Red/Black on 20s w/Tow — EDD June

Delivery date and performance are not the only metrics people use to purchase a vehicle, and for me there are many reasons to get LR over a P. I don't think the performance differential is worth the premium, nor is it necessary. LR AWD has more power than you could ever need on public roads.

Also there are many things I definitely don't want, all of which I would get with a P:

- Stiffer suspension
- Lower ride height
- Slimmer tires
- Higher insurance rates
- Lower range
- Probable delivery before (probable) tax credit
I’d add the 3rd row to this list. Initially I would’ve opted for the LR either way, but if the P was the only option to get the 2 extra seats, I would’ve upgraded to it.

Update: Delivery Scheduled for Thursday 11/18!
Couldn't work out better as Electrician comes Tuesday and 19" wheels for All seasons come this week as well.
Took delivery today. OD 10/20. MYP 22VIN White/black tow, no FSD
Blown away by quality but probably because I spent too much time online and expected everything to be screwed up.
Paint and panel gaps amazing.
Where passenger A pillar meets hood there is like a 1-2mm out of alignment. Where passenger door speaker is right nearby it is slightly out of kilt. That's it. Nothing else wrong. Otherwise perfect. All USB and charging is good. Car is amazing in every respect. Exceeds expectations.

Reactions: BigDanSRQ
Blown away by quality but probably because I spent too much time online and expected everything to be screwed up.
Where passenger A pillar meets hood there is like a 1-2mm out of alignment. Where passenger door speaker is right nearby it is slightly out of kilt. That's it. Nothing else wrong. Otherwise perfect. All USB and charging is good. Car is amazing in every respect. Exceeds expectations.
So you're saying there's a chance... Please grant me usb-c ports oh great Tesla delivery god.

Congrats! Glad you had a great experience

Reactions: MrJeep997
OD: 10/3, just before all the price hikes.
EDD: 1st showed Feb3- Mar3
Now: Mar3-April3

I initially told my SA I didn't want to take delivery until March, so he set that timeframe in the system and told me if I need it sooner to let him know and he can find me a car.

OD: 10/3, just before all the price hikes.
EDD: 1st showed Feb3- Mar3
Now: Mar3-April3

I initially told my SA I didn't want to take delivery until March, so he set that timeframe in the system and told me if I need it sooner to let him know and he can find me a car.
How do you get yourself an SA? I opened the order online 10/5 and stay that way till now. Throughout the process at what point a SA is involved?

OD: 10/29
EDD: "June"

My timing really sucked as I had already done a test drive with the wife before ordering and she was debating getting an ICE when the price went up $4k. Put in the order a few days after. Also it seemed every few days the EDD pushed back another month. When we first did the test drive, EDD was April. Then May. Then June. Crazy how fast those months got pushed.

Spoke with my SA who said there wasn't anything he could unfortunately.