Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am i the only one still sitting at Apr 14 - May 12 EDD? Every time i refresh the app, i expect it to be pushed out because you know.. Tesla's EDD... but it is still going strong. Expecting delivery in Tyco in Virginia.
MY EDD is similar as yours April 27-May11. I am also picking up in Tyco location in Virginia. your EDD will shrink to 2 weeks window( hopefully soon). i originally had april 16-may14 ( month window like yours) and mine got shrunk to two weeks window few days ago. Hoping yours shrink soon too!

Reactions: AbeTes
I just got off the phone with an agent at Tesla Rocklin, she told me my car is coming this month. I have no VIN yet, but she said to expect one soon. I hope she didn't lie to me.

my local Tesla agent also says similar things. first that my is going to be built at the end of January, then it will be getting built around feb 16th, then they said it is currently on track to be built the last week in march.

I wouldn't get my hopes on them saying that at all

It sounds positive to me. I know a bunch of people over here on the East Coast got calls from Mt. Kisco.
I actually contacted my SA because....well....i was jealous that i wasn't contacted.
And of course...this was response...as usual

Hello Alan,

Your Tesla account reflects the best & only ETA available, as we have no further insight into VIN assignment.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
I don't know what to believe anymore. The waiting process is a mess. I don't mind the waiting as long as the delivery sticks, them constantly changing the dates is the frustrating part. They should be able to give more accurate estimates.
Why did he/she lie to you?:p
If she did she did. I'm not getting my hopes up. This is my 5th time in the delivery window. It would be nice to know when the car is coming. I have two big trips coming up and I don't want to cancel them.

MY EDD is similar as yours April 27-May11. I am also picking up in Tyco location in Virginia. your EDD will shrink to 2 weeks window( hopefully soon). i originally had april 16-may14 ( month window like yours) and mine got shrunk to two weeks window few days ago. Hoping yours shrink soon too!
I hope so too. But i see you added FSD which may be why yours seems to be coming soon. It feels like they want to try and force as many folks as they can to upgrade to MYP or get FSD so they can get as much money as they can from each buyer. Which is kinda like the finance room haggling at a traditional dealership. Not cool, Tesla. 😒

Am i the only one still sitting at Apr 14 - May 12 EDD? Every time i refresh the app, i expect it to be pushed out because you know.. Tesla's EDD... but it is still going strong. Expecting delivery in Tyco in Virginia.
I have a similar config and EDD (4/18 - 5/15) to you. I just have Tow and Induction. Definitely keep us posted on your EDD as I am sure mine will be tracking to yours.

I hope so too. But i see you added FSD which may be why yours seems to be coming soon. It feels like they want to try and force as many folks as they can to upgrade to MYP or get FSD so they can get as much money as they can from each buyer. Which is kinda like the finance room haggling at a traditional dealership. Not cool, Tesla. 😒
Yes i decided to add it because i did not want ot wait till october-Jan. But yes you are right, it is like they are up charging you to get your car sooner, the only difference is they are selling you a feature to get it sooner unlike dealership charging 5k just cuz they feel like it due to shortage.

I switched my October 1st MYLR order to a Performance model at October 1st pricing on Sunday the 10th April.

Less than 24 hours later, I was assigned a VIN.

VIN confirms its Fremont built and then I called Tesla and they confirmed its sitting on a train in Fremont.
Just curious, how did you switch your order from MYLR to MYP? I don't see an option for that on the website. Do you need to contact an SA, or something?

Reactions: Yoshismom
Reactions: Firocity
I suppose all of us here will not be getting Texas built Y's. I'm fine with that. It would have been a nice talking point for my gun club buddies who only buy F150's or Silverado's, cause.... you know ;'MURICA! Lol. Built in Texas would have at least gotten a small nod of approval from them lol
Why are you saying this? Won’t we all be getting Texas MYs what changed?

I have those exact same dates, but I'm out in Southern California. I got a text today asking about a trade-in, so I feel like I'm close?

Reactions: PeteOC and AbeTes
Just curious, how did you switch your order from MYLR to MYP? I don't see an option for that on the website. Do you need to contact an SA, or something?
If you do not see a edit design, then you need to get that added. What I learned was that they needed to back out the decision for whether it was cash or finance. Once they did that the option appeared. I was dead nervous about changing my order and then paying the new pricing but that does not happen. When you edit the design they show you all the pricing before you save the changes. I even took this screen capture on Sunday which shows the Oct 1st pricing. Today I have already added the car to my insurance and got approved for the loan. The Vehicle purchase agreement document from Tesla is October pricing. This process works!!! If you try the Tesla chat and they try and send you to an SA, try again later. I had one Chat person do that and my SAs are useless. I just went back to chat later and got someone who was really good. He had the Edit Design option added in minutes. See attached pricing that I got when I selected the performance just 1 day ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-10 114657.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-10 114657.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 73
Just be sure that a change does not cancel the order and revert to current pricing in a new order
I can confirm that it does not do anything to your order unless you select the other options and click save.
I had the same concerns as you and I did not want to screw anything up.

Now that I have been through it I can say its totally safe.

You can make whatever changes you like and its not until you click "save" that its set. Others in another thread have changed their order multiple times.
I took a screen capture of the pricing when I was in the Edit Design page on Sunday. (see attached).
You can see that this is Oct 1st pricing. (which was the date I originally ordered my LR with Induction wheels).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-10 114657.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-10 114657.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: patb23in and AbeTes