Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octoplus - Whos had the invite?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PITA

Model 3 Performance
Sep 2, 2021
West Midlands, UK
Octoplus... are you joining?

Rewards Scheme to run alongside your existing Energy Tariff.

- Free Electricity at 'Greenest' periods
- Rewards Points

Estimated most Customers will get £200 of rewards each year.

Last edited:
Just warming up my 'free electricity' charging system to Max Power.

Let the streetlights dim... and the sound of mad laughter commence 😀

Love you Octopus

Screenshot_20231026_234817_myenergi.jpg

I seem to have 22,700 octopoints I had forgotten about from saving sessions etc . Question is do I cash them in for £28 or hold on to them for
promised future:

"exclusive Octopus merch at discount prices, plus one or two surprises we’re keeping up our sleeves".

I like that Spin the Wheel(tm) now rewards a minimum of 8 Octopoints, yes, a whole penny guaranteed - two per smart meter reading!

The email invites were due to be sent out in the last week of October. I joined Octoplus earlier, once it appeared in Android app.

The key thing is to ensure you have a way of monitoring for the Surprise Sessions (social feeds only), which may reward more apparently.

I seem to have 22,700 octopoints I had forgotten about from saving sessions etc . Question is do I cash them in for £28 or hold on to them for
promised future:

"exclusive Octopus merch at discount prices, plus one or two surprises we’re keeping up our sleeves".
At the height of the energy price period Octopus gave people an option to donate their points to help people who were struggling with their fuel costs. It must be linked to this: How we're helping customers through the energy crisis

I think this has already been discussed but "- Free Electricity at 'Greenest' periods" isn't a thing yet, they've been doing powerup over Norfolk way for a few months now, but not wider than that. I think they're cleverly used it for marketing, when actually for most of their customers there's no way of using it at the moment.

Reactions: ringi
Me too.
Why wouldn't you sign up?

Because in 2020 the company were at the front of the queue to signal they were on the side of social justice by giving vast amounts of your money to BLM, an obvious grift by people who want to abolish the police and all prisons?

NB the link to the Octopus www above is worth reading as its later update hints at the backlash it must have caused

Because in 2020 the company were at the front of the queue to signal they were on the side of social justice by giving vast amounts of your money to BLM, an obvious grift by people who want to abolish the police and all prisons?

NB the link to the Octopus www above is worth reading as its later update hints at the backlash it must have caused
Thank you for pointing this out.
I am not going to get into a political debate with you on this matter, what I would say is that you are entitled to your opinion (and so am I!)
I chose to sign up based on my perception of Octopus as an energy supplier and (you may say selfishly) what I felt signing up might do for me...simples

Reactions: ACarneiro
I think this has already been discussed but "- Free Electricity at 'Greenest' periods" isn't a thing yet, they've been doing powerup over Norfolk way for a few months now, but not wider than that. I think they're cleverly used it for marketing, when actually for most of their customers there's no way of using it at the moment.
They have done it before nationwide ( im in Somerset)and was previously called power hour and was separate from the savings sessions that also ran last year. This year they have been rolled into one under Octoplus. Last year the saving sessions alone netted me £99 credit. Here is one of the 2022 power hour emails I got. And my results from last years saving sessions

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231101_163945_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101_163945_Gmail.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20231101_164227_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101_164227_Gmail.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 14

Thought that links states...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231101_164550_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101_164550_Chrome.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 19
promised future:

T&C’s also say

Octopoints are valid for 3 years from the date they are added to your Octoplus account, after which time they will automatically expire and cannot be renewed.
and
The accumulation of Octopoints does not entitle you to any vested rights, and we do not guarantee the continued availability of any particular Reward, redemption level, rebate or any other benefit. We accept no liability to you in relation to the addition or deletion of Rewards from or for which Octopoints can be collected or redeemed.

You risk forgetting again and getting nothing, or a future dilution vs. The promise of….. nothing.