Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy referral code please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heyyall.
Just moved to the UK along with me MS. seems like Octopus go would be the best deal around for home charging- will need a referral (the 2nd PM will get it)... and whats the deal with charging everyone gets at home - charging speed for the 4 hours we get at 5p/kWh? Not sure if I get 3 Phase 32A like my mate in Hong Kong does but lets assume I wont get that.....

Assuming I need to commute some 50 miles a day? (If I dont I guess I can easily fit in grocery shopping and a weekend trip to top up the battery pack over the 5-6 nights a week + supermarket charging)

I've got the current Model S lineup (apart from Long Range + which I'll add soon) in my charging calc, it'll tell you how long you need to charge based on the %'s you put in.

With a wall box you'll get 7kWh ish (mine often goes over 7kWh though), with the UMC around 2.3 kWh

Tesla Cost to charge calculator - TeslaEV.co.uk

I won't bother PM'ing you, way too slow with these things :)

I've got the current Model S lineup (apart from Long Range + which I'll add soon) in my charging calc, it'll tell you how long you need to charge based on the %'s you put in.

With a wall box you'll get 7kWh ish (mine often goes over 7kWh though), with the UMC around 2.3 kWh

Tesla Cost to charge calculator - TeslaEV.co.uk

I won't bother PM'ing you, way too slow with these things :)
thanks! I'll have a look. 7kWh isnt so much, considering It would take over a week to recharge from a low%
I havent actually check who was 2nd actually.
(oh - 7kWh/hr. much better!)

To the kind fellow that just signed up to Octopus using my referral code, thank you!

Octopus are running a promotion currently that gives you a chance to win an electric VW beetle, a 'Volts-Wagen'. Thanks to your referral I now have some additional chances to win. Happy to lend this to you if I do win :)

Octopus Energy - Green Friday
It wasn't me!

Sorry, it’s my fault for asking! move seen other asking, so I thought it was ok.. apologies!!!

Moderator comment - Nothing wrong with your post although your original fresh thread was merged back in here to prevent multiple identical threads - latter easily sorted. This is the correct thread to make that request for them to be sent to you directly via DM.

The issue was a number of follow up posts (and the frequency of them), either posting referral links or links that looked like referral links. Commercial links/referrals (including affiliate links) and/or spam is against the forum rules. Hence my reminder post of this. Posts of this nature will be removed from public view (soft deleted) or edited to remove any link that may infringe the Terms Of Service.

If a post is deleted/edited/moved in error, a friendly DM to a moderator is all that is required to reinstate/resolve.

Had this happened rather than one individuals particular post being quickly repeated and/or requoted, one of the posts would have been reinstated - it was actually a link to a you tube video and initially started out as a bit of fun - I don't have a problem with that.

As someone giving up my own time to moderate this forum, please forgive me for not following every link posted to validate that the link description matches the content and take a link to 'Limited Octopus Referral offer' at face value. It would have been far easier for that individual to have written that friendly DM rather than spam the post several more times, write a mocking DM, post a further post insulting a number of forum members then when that post went straight to moderation approval due to being given a brief probation and finally create a sock puppet account to repost the same post.

-Ian

If I’m looking to switch to octopus go, how do I use a referral? I’m moving from EDF and already have a SMETS2 meter installed but I still need to go onto a standard tariff first.

I don’t want to miss the boat on using a referral.

If I’m looking to switch to octopus go, how do I use a referral? I’m moving from EDF and already have a SMETS2 meter installed but I still need to go onto a standard tariff first.

I don’t want to miss the boat on using a referral.

hi - i had very similar situation, simply switch onto a standard tariff, after a few days of being with octopus they'll confirm they're receiving your smart meter readings and you can change tariff to Go.

I've messaged you a referral link :).

Cheers,