Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't believe I just spent $150 on an empty bottle.
The bottle is pretty awesome because of the unique lightning bolt shape. I wouldn't have spent $160 on a bottle shaped like a bottle.

L
Me too! How do I explain to my wife that I just bought an empty bottle for $150. She would probably be annoyed even if it was full...
Have you considered switching to a new wife who likes Tesla as much as you do?

Speaking of Starlink, I have to wonder if it, along with internet accessibility, will be the moat for Teslabot?

Tesla doesn't need or want a moat: why would you if you're throttleman on an unlimited class offshore power boat? :D

To flesh out the space-based NN training architecture I envision:
  • HW3+ vehicles collect clips of interest for training
  • Car visits Supercharger w. Starlink connection
  • fleet data uploaded to Skynet
  • forwarded via laser burst xmit to orbital DOJO
  • space-based training computers use MWs of solar power
  • newly-trained NNs downloaded to Earth stations, cars
  • repeat on Mars (train those 'digger-bots' NNs in Mars orbit)
  • asteroid mining will also have huge training requirements
  • Moon-based training center? L2 orbital station?
  • need fast data link to NEO asteroids in short-period orbits
1630042831034.png

The mind wobbles... Bottom line is Elon is JUST getting warmed up. He's gonna be an awesome 80-yr-old. :D

Cheers!

Last edited:
Tesla doesn't need or want a moat: why would you if you're throttleman on an unlimited class offshore power boat? :D

To flesh out the space-based NN training architecture I envision:
  • HW3+ vehicles collect clips of interest for training
  • Car visits Supercharger w. Starlink connection
  • fleet data uploaded to Skynet
  • forwarded via laser burst xmit to orbital DOJO
  • space-based training computers use MWs of solar power
  • newly-trained NNs downloaded to Earth stations, cars
  • repeat on Mars (train those 'digger-bots' NNs in Mars orbit)
  • asteroid mining will also have huge training requirements
  • Moon-based training center? L2 orbital station?
  • need fast data link to NEO asteroids in short-period orbits
View attachment 701933

The mind wobbles... Bottom line is Elon is JUST getting warmed up. He's gonna be an awesome 80-yr-old. :D

Cheers!

I wonder if Starship could carry a fleet of Cybertrucks to the moon (Artesis). I feel the race to Mars may be won by China as they already have are exploring the surface.
I believe Elon could move faster if the US would help more. What is wrong with Bezos?

Reactions: Artful Dodger
I wonder if Starship could carry a fleet of Cybertrucks to the moon (Artesis). I feel the race to Mars may be won by China as they already have are exploring the surface.
I believe Elon could move faster if the US would help more. What is wrong with Bezos?

Just the difference between someone who is trying to look after humanity and someone who is trying to look after himself.

In many States there is a law that says if there is any kind of emergency vehicle on the side of the road, you must move over into the left lane or slow way down there are usually signs as you enter the State and often as you leave a metropolitan area. (I'm not sure how you move over when all lanes are jammed, but it's on the books).
Moved this to off topic thread to save the mods the work...

No doubt the law would be in the officer's favor. I really just meant from a common sense perspective, the cop should have moved their car outta the way of speeding traffic. Just like I may have the right of way as a pedestrian crossing the street, but I sure as hell don't assume the car coming my way will obey the law and stop. The law is of little consolation if I'm flattened like a pancake.

In short, both the driver and the officer may have needed better awareness of their surroundings.

Reactions: jerry33 and dm28997
Moved this to off topic thread to save the mods the work...

No doubt the law would be in the officer's favor. I really just meant from a common sense perspective, the cop should have moved their car outta the way of speeding traffic. Just like I may have the right of way as a pedestrian crossing the street, but I sure as hell don't assume the car coming my way will obey the law and stop. The law is of little consolation if I'm flattened like a pancake.

In short, both the driver and the officer may have needed better awareness of their surroundings.
Since it's in off topic now:
The car is purposely parked that way to shield the officer, civilian, and civilian's vehicle from traffic. If it were tucked in, the other car (or officer at the driver's window) would be the closest object to traffic.

That's reasonable, thanks. It makes perfect sense to me if the disabled vehicle is already blocking traffic. A bit less sense if the disabled vehicle is already fully in the shoulder since in that scenario it creates an obstacle that didn't otherwise exist, but I get it.

Appreciate the reply.