Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
webuyanycar offers me about £34k, so just under half what it cost me in 2015. I am way out of warranty but it hasn't mattered one bit. I personally paid for a screen upgrade to get a better UI (despite it being an AP1 model), but nothing else has gone wrong or needed fixing. You are nowhere close to having to care about replacing your battery. Its going to be fine for another 5 years minimum. Don't worry about it :D. And the motors will outlast the battery, and maybe you :D
Wow! That's around 40k USD. I'm impressed with that price!!

Ok, I have been a little nervous about the battery + motors because for the first time a month ago my sunroof got "stuck" and it cost me $2k to replace/fix. Since then, I no longer care to use the sunroof LOL.

As much as I like the Model Y, I just love my car and don't want to get the new Model S as they are a bit too high priced for my budget. Plus, my ride is paid off and I'm anxiously awaiting the FSD :)

Thank you for sharing that info, it's very helpful and I'm planning on keeping the car at least for a minimum of another 2 years, and may decide to sell / trade up about a year away from the warranty expiring.

Elon doesn’t value/place value on his societal class level growing up or at any time during his adult life in the same way most people do. It’s not specifically what shaped him, therefore it’s just a bunch of outsiders swinging appendages around and beating their chests as if their opinion is more than the pile of beetle dung that it is.
It doesn't matter if he places value on it or not, it's just the reality of his life. He had opportunities that the vast majority of the planet did not. Again that does not diminish what he's accomplished.

FYI, I just purchased an adapter in the Tesla Shop.

I ordered one as well. There are one or two places where I have to drive past an EA charging station to get to the Supercharger.

Now I'll get to experience how unreliable third party chargers are first hand!

(Though hard to complain too much about it since I nearly had to get towed last week due to a shut down Supercharger)

I ordered one as well. There are one or two places where I have to drive past an EA charging station to get to the Supercharger.

Now I'll get to experience how unreliable third party chargers are first hand!

(Though hard to complain too much about it since I nearly had to get towed last week due to a shut down Supercharger)

I might also be reading too much into this, but there's some interesting word choice on that page:

"The CCS Combo 1 Adapter is compatible with most newer Tesla vehicles, while some vehicles may require a retrofit to ensure functionality with third-party CCS stations."

Does the use of "third-party CCS stations" imply that there may be first-party CCS stations in the near future?

<snip>
In the almighty Teslaverse, isn't there a way to let you know that a particular Supercharger is shut down? If there isn't there should be. Or was the next Supercharger almost too far away?

Reactions: navguy12
I might also be reading too much into this, but there's some interesting word choice on that page:

"The CCS Combo 1 Adapter is compatible with most newer Tesla vehicles, while some vehicles may require a retrofit to ensure functionality with third-party CCS stations."

Does the use of "third-party CCS stations" imply that there may be first-party CCS stations in the near future?
They are referring to the upgrade needed for older vehicles. This is how you check it in Veh software. Otherwise wait for the upgrade - was how I understood it.
9D5DC4E6-2D91-4B0E-9166-E6C0F042ED15.jpeg

In the almighty Teslaverse, isn't there a way to let you know that a particular Supercharger is shut down? If there isn't there should be. Or was the next Supercharger almost too far away?
The trip was right at the limit of my range due to bikes on the back. Essentially a big 200 mile loop with a charging stop at mile 180 or so. Most of it was on backroads with no charging and little cell service. I could have turned around at the halfway point if I had cell service and knew the Supercharger was down, but without that bit of intel, I didn’t know I was at the limit until I was well past the point of no return.

Slowed way down and managed to roll into the next charger with “0 miles” range left. I‘v head there is a reserve and the car wasn’t sluggish so hard to say how much more range I actually had.

The SpaceX ”no dead zones” would have been super handy. Also, having 180 miles of minor highways with only one non Tesla charging station is very frustrating. Need Supercharging on these back highways soon!

FYI, I just purchased an adapter in the Tesla Shop.

OMG thank you for this. Been waiting for a more reliable one of these.
Just made my contribution to Q3. Not a Plaid X perhaps, but better than nothing!

• Funny
Reactions: SOULPEDL
Why do people buy this monstrosity?
Opens up lots of chargers. As an example in a metro area near me... EA alone has 24 locations around Denver with CCS, EVGO has over 20, Chargepoint is over 10, and I'm sure there are more than that. I think Tesla has 9 locations of superchargers around the Denver metro area. Now we can talk about the reliability of the other networks, but 5x'ing the number of places you can charge has an appeal. Another fringe example is going to the dead middle of Idaho. Tesla doesn't have any supercharger support in the center of Idaho, even in the Sun Valley area. There isn't great support on the CCS network there, but there are a couple 62.5 kW chargers in Hailey.

• Helpful
Reactions: GOVA
Why do people buy this monstrosity?
Apparently this comment got moved here, so adding it in this thread.

Opens up lots of chargers. As an example in a metro area near me... EA alone has 24 locations around Denver with CCS, EVGO has over 20, Chargepoint is over 10, and I'm sure there are more than that. I think Tesla has 9 locations of superchargers around the Denver metro area. Now we can talk about the reliability and speed of the other networks, but 5x'ing the number of places you can charge has an appeal. Another fringe example is going to the dead middle of Idaho. Tesla doesn't have any supercharger support in the center of Idaho, even in the Sun Valley area. There isn't great support on the CCS network there, but there are a couple 62.5 kW chargers in Hailey.