Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what's good for Lucid, might be the opposite for Tesla ;)
..say like Apple buying it ... 20% on no news seems suspect ....

it was also very beaten down lately (deservedly so).

More from the same poster:

This company does simply not deserve a >$7B valuation. Period. Anyone who is dreaming about the next generation Lucid is deeply misguided since Lucid simply doesn't have nearly enough money to bring another platform to production with a massive capital raise (relative to its now small market value). A significant (c$2B) raise would come with epic dilution. To those investing at current prices: you have been warned.

Hopefully we’re next:

[Lucid bump]

Motley Fool Issues Rare “Home Run Buy” Alert | Stock Gumshoe

Issued in the pre-Market, based on nothing more than the supposition that $15K invested today would be $1M IF Lucid goes up to the same MktCap as TSLA... so based on nothing.

Big pump'n'dump scheme. The dump will be tomorrow. Mice chasing the cheese, Wall-E baiting the mouse traps.

Guys I need your advice.

I assembled a 50hp electric pontoon boat with the idea to start a nascent market for electric boats. I also added solar panels on the upper deck, although if I were doing it again, I would skip this, but live and learn. Anyway, my challenge it’s one thing to assemble a boat like this, and a whole other thing to know how to market it, assuming there is a market for it. Any advice?

Here is a link to my YouTube video where I was trying to beat the Guinness record for the longest solar powered distance by a boat in 24 hrs. That attempt failed miserably primarily because it was attempted in September and the days were already too short, although it would be tough to win even on the longest day of the year, but there would at least be a chance then.
IMG_3317.jpeg

Anyway, any advice or ideas are appreciated.

TL;DR Biden got us the IRA; therefore, Biden is not anti-Tesla.

FALSE: Joe Manchin got Tesla the IRA, then the Treasury and IRS tried to exclude the 5-seater Model Y because "not an SUV". That forced Tesla to drop prices by $10K on Jan 13, 2023 to qualify for the IRA. Only then did Treasury and IRS reclassify the 5-seater as an SUV. Obvious bias and motivated regulations.

What Biden wanted at first was EV rebates for Union factories only. Do I really have to remind you? I have links if your memory needs prodding.

Biden told the U.S. Press that "Elon was worth looking into" in reply to a reporter's question about the Twitter takeover. Do you have ANY DOUBT why the Starlink Rural Internet support was cancelled? It's a Political attack on a Musk company. Biden is afraid of a billionaire with a microphone who can't be bought, bullied, or broken (BTW, orange-man should be just as afraid, he won't get a free pass).

Which is why Dems are going after Twitter Ad revenue, and Elon's pay package (remember CA State Rep "F*ck Elon Musk"?) They are deathly afraid, because Elon has the resources and the will to end their b.s. Elon may be wrong on Ukraine, but that's normally not a systemic risk in a democracy which supports free speach. Unlike corruption, which is.

What's this got to do with the Ukraine war? Very little, which is why I've posted this directly to "Off Topic Galore", to save @ggr some @hair :D

@UncaNed 'nuther Oh Tee 4 U... ;)

Last edited:
FALSE: Joe Manchin got Tesla the IRA, then the Treasury and IRS tried to exclude the 5-seater Model Y because "not an SUV". That forced Tesla to drop prices by $10K on Jan 13, 2023 to qualify for the IRA. Only then did Treasury and IRS reclassify the 5-seater as an SUV. Obvious bias and motivated regulations.

What Biden wanted at first was EV rebates for Union factories only. Do I really have to remind you? I have links if your memory needs prodding.

Biden told the U.S. Press that "Elon was worth looking into" in reply to a reporter's question about the Twitter takeover. Do you have ANY DOUBT why the Starlink Rural Internet support was cancelled? It's a Political attack on a Musk company. Biden is afraid of a billionaire with a microphone who can't be bought, bullied, or broken (BTW, orange-man should be just as afraid, he won't get a free pass).

Which is why Dems are going after Twitter Ad revenue, and Elon's pay package (remember CA State Rep "F*ck Elon Musk"?) They are deathly afraid, because Elon has the resources and the will to end their b.s. Elon may be wrong on Ukraine, but that's normally not a systemic risk in a democracy which supports free speach. Unlike corruption, which is.

What's this got to do with the Ukraine war? Very little, which is why I've posted this directly to "Off Topic Galore", to save @ggr some @hair :D

@UncaNed 'nuther Oh Tee 4 U... ;)
My bad - meant to post to the main thread! The Ukraine one and the Roundtable have both had my attention of late.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Yeah, I missed it.
So you felt the need to reply.

Perhaps the next time I offer scrolling lessons, you might bite.

at the risk of offending you, I appreciated this post as it was just a few letters from poetry or song.

Code:
    Yeah, I missed it.
    So you felt the need to reply.
    Perhaps the next time I offer scrolling lessons
    you might buy.

or similar

Do tell the source(s) or whatever else is pointing to such collapse.

Heres one indicator, there are probably more... Chinese migrants flock to U.S.-Mexico border on economic pressures

And here's someone that's done some heavy examination of what's going on that isn't being discussed much.

Preferably more someone that are in the know from here.
I had no idea this was going on until 60 Minutes aired a story on it earlier in Feb. I posted about it at 60 Minutes OAD 2/4/24 - J Powell; illegal.... The video is still up for now.

Later in that thread, I pointed to an Al Jazeera (yes, I know) piece showing/following the journey of various Chinese migrants coming thru the US border w/Mexico usually by flying to Ecuador, crossing thru 9 countries including having to cross the Darién Gap - Wikipedia.

There is a real estate crisis going on in China now with the largest party in the news being Evergrande.

I had no idea this was going on until 60 Minutes aired a story on it earlier in Feb. I posted about it at 60 Minutes OAD 2/4/24 - J Powell; illegal.... The video is still up for now.

Later in that thread, I pointed to an Al Jazeera (yes, I know) piece showing/following the journey of various Chinese migrants coming thru the US border w/Mexico usually by flying to Ecuador, crossing thru 9 countries including having to cross the Darién Gap - Wikipedia.

There is a real estate crisis going on in China now with the largest party in the news being Evergrande.
Please keep this out of the tesla stock thread

Please keep this out of the tesla stock thread
It was a followup partly to Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable.

Part of the reason some Chinese are fleeing to the US and entering via the border with Mexico are the due to being affected by the Chinese economic situation.

Bobfunn pointed to Chinese migrants flock to U.S.-Mexico border on economic pressures. See https://archive.is/1KSVM if you get hit by a paywall. From that story:
""I was a sales agent for condominiums," one Chinese migrant said. When people hailing from such places as Sichuan, Fujian and Liaoning provinces were asked their former occupations, at least five said they once worked in the real estate sector.
"We can't sell condos, because of tighter government regulations," said a 38-year-old from Fujian. "The commissions dried up, and my monthly pay decreased to 2,000 to 3,000 yuan ($278 to $417), which wasn't enough to live on."

"The pay won't go up, so I couldn't cover education expenses," said a 40-year-old man from Sichuan, who sighed as he looked at his 10-year-old son beside him."

Again, economic situation and real estate crisis there.

I'm almost done watching the 60 Minutes segment from earlier tonight that covered China's slowing economy, Xi's government tactics leave American investors wary. Search it for real estate sector. If one watches CNBC and/or Bloomberg channel on a a semi-regular basis, these subjects come up pretty often.

In the above story, you'll notice they mentioned there are 80 to 90 million unfinished apartments in China but many of the developers have gone bust.
"Left in the lurch are millions of Chinese citizens who bought these apartments before they were built.

Joerg Wuttke: The developers owe their customers that paid up to the magnitude of $1 trillion.
Lesley Stahl: So, if I did a down payment on one of these apartments, will I ever see that money?
Joerg Wuttke: No, you will not see the money.
Joerg Wuttke: It's gone, it's finished. So, I mean, it's— it's really dramatic.
Lesley Stahl: Ten years ago, we were told that this was the way people put money down for their nest egg.
Joerg Wuttke: Right.
Lesley Stahl: For their retirement fund.
Joerg Wuttke: Yes.
Lesley Stahl: Is that still the case?
Joerg Wuttke: 66%, two-third of a family household average wealth is in, in apartments.
That loss of wealth has depressed consumer spending and dragged down the economy."

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Mengy and STUtoday