Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 653845

hahaha! We have a new timeline here folks, and it's even worse than today's earlier timeline of "hopefully", we're now ASPIRATIONAL
Everybody need to read two time this message "FSD 9.0 for all ok in May" BUT limited beta tester before that date limited beta is the sames you had actually
Soon= befor May we can judge if this version is solid or not with plenty of video pop up on youtube

Well, we all know by now (or should) that Elon estimates are wildly optimisting and yes, aspirational and that vague terms like "this year", "next quarter", "soon" should be largely discounted. The specificity of the March 6 promised of "~10 days" was new - at least for me - because of the implied precision. But we're back to classic Elon, now. Oh well...

e.g. "more than 35% of all Autopilot crashes occur when the Tesla vehicle is rear-ended by another vehicle".
If on AP, stopped at a traffic signal, and rear-ended enough to set off the air bags, would this count? I had assumed he was also talking about "at fault" accidents. And if you open that can of worms you can probably make the stats say anything you want.

I think he's starting to feel the pressure. Did you see the comment about Ford's autopilot version and that Ford does internal testing? The more supercruise gets reviewed on youtube and other places and once Ford's version does, Elon is going to have to push something out to show they are "years" a head again. I think he'll deliver, I think he's just starting to scramble which means he's announcing anything and then being told in a meeting that "hey, we can't release yet, these bugs still need addressed."

If anything we need more YouTuber's to review supercruise and the other competition and name drop/tag Tesla in it. It might get them banned from FSDBeta if Elon doesn't like that they're suggesting Tesla is number 2 now, but it'll get noticed. Already Elon must be feeling the pressure since supercruise doesn't need hands on....

I'm really curious if button might also bring an update to try to use the camera instead of hands on, because right now Tesla sure as heck feels "old" by having to have the hands on the wheel...

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
What's the cost difference between SuperCruise, BlueCruise and FSD Autopilot ?

Is Musk going to be able to up the $10K pricing with these other systems going online, expanding in capability, and perhaps even undercutting FSD ?

Ford BlueCruise is a $600 add-on if the car already has the necessary hardware, such as the new F-150 or the Mustang-e AND it offers 100% true hands-off driving. Hopefully, this will force Tesla to release some features to us soon.

What's the cost difference between SuperCruise, BlueCruise and FSD Autopilot ?

Is Musk going to be able to up the $10K pricing with these other systems going online, expanding in capability, and perhaps even undercutting FSD ?

Those systems only do what basic AP, which is free with the car does (but neither Ford nor Caddys system is free with the car).

Stay in a single lane, and TACC.

And it does even that on far fewer roads than AP works.

Though it does do it hands free since they put "real" driver monitoring in. As mentioned earlier Tesla appears to be trying to make their selfie camera work good enough to potentially do the same there.

The 10k FSD upgrade adds a bunch of features not offered by the competition at all (with more to come).

So the fact Ford/Caddy is now ALMOST (because more restrictive of roads) caught up to 2014s autopilot has no real impact on FSD pricing.

Stay in a single lane, and TACC.

These are the most important features though, and the ones most often used.

All the other stuff certainly isn't worth 10K, and progress at new features has been abysmally slow. What were the last 3 features we got with FSD? Green light chime? Traffic stop? Or maybe the speed sign recognition (that finally brought us up to parity with AP1).

At least those other cars have rear cross-traffic detection and a decent blind-spot monitor. Can't even pay for it on the Tesla.

All the other stuff certainly isn't worth 10K, and progress at new features has been abysmally slow. What were the last 3 features we got with FSD? Green light chime? Traffic stop? Or maybe the speed sign recognition (that finally brought us up to parity with AP1).
speed sign recognition doesn't require FSD. I don't count the green light chime as an actual autonomy feature either since all it does is tell the meatbag to do something.

• Love
Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG
Tesla's approach is logical, has produced results, and the fsd beta testers have full access to the system. We all know Elon's been horrible about estimating FSD timelines. That's not concerning. It just makes Elon look foolish to avid FSD followers.

Come again?

Huawei and BAIC BluePark ARCFOX Q4 2021 model with Point to Point L2+ (City streets, traffic lights, left & right turns, etc), 3 Hi-res lidar, 12 cameras, 13 ultrasonic, 6 radars, 352 TOPS Huawei chip.

I told you by the end of the year there will be multiple companies with FSD Beta features (address to address L2). You refused to listen.

Come again?

Huawei and BAIC BluePark ARCFOX Q4 2021 model with Point to Point L2+ (City streets, traffic lights, left & right turns, etc), 3 Hi-res lidar, 12 cameras, 13 ultrasonic, 6 radars, 352 TOPS Huawei chip.

I told you by the end of the year there will be multiple companies with FSD Beta features (address to address L2). You refused to listen.

According to Elon Tesla will have theirs by June.

😂

what weirds me out is how anyone takes anything he says about FSD seriously anymore. The cognitive dissonance must be amazing.

The difference right now is that the FSD beta is in the hands of some consumers. The capabilities in the FSD beta are mind-boggling. The fact that it can very consistently and precisely make left turns from the inside lane using vision alone shows us the potential of Tesla's approach. Tesla is showing us that vision alone is adequate for cm-precise perception, planning, and control maneuvers.

Most people are numb to how amazing the FSD beta is because of the LIDAR and HD map approaches which produce demo-worthy maneuvers.

In fact, the FSD beta is so amazing that some people still think Tesla uses HD maps.

The difference right now is that the FSD beta is in the hands of some consumers. The capabilities in the FSD beta are mind-boggling. The fact that it can very consistently and precisely make left turns from the inside lane using vision alone shows us the potential of Tesla's approach. Tesla is showing us that vision alone is adequate for cm-precise perception, planning, and control maneuvers.

Most people are numb to how amazing the FSD beta is because of the LIDAR and HD map approaches which produce demo-worthy maneuvers.

In fact, the FSD beta is so amazing that some people still think Tesla uses HD maps.

Can't tell if this is a joke or serious.

The beta is laughably bad in basic city situations. That Oakland FSD drove video for example where the car almost crashes at least 4 times in the span of 10 minutes including into a stationary fence tells all you need to know about how "amazing" it is.

Can't tell if this is a joke or serious.

The beta is laughably bad in basic city situations. That Oakland FSD drove video for example where the car almost crashes at least 4 times in the span of 10 minutes including into a stationary fence tells all you need to know about how "amazing" it is.

I'm seeing what you're seeing, except I'm also a software developer and can see potential. What the fsd beta is showing us is that given enough data/training, vision alone is adequate to identify and maneuver essentially all driving situations. If there are visual cues needed to perform a driving task, then Tesla will eventually be able to deal with it. This is what Elon means when he says they are no more remaining roadblocks for FSD.

I would only be concerned about FSD beta failures that aren't related to visual cues. So far, I haven't seen these examples. If you know of any, show us a video.

The problem with your comment and a lot of other doubters on this forum is that you're always looking at the current failures. What I'm looking at is whether the approach in general will eventually lead to success. There are certain aspects of fsd beta (like the left turns I mentioned) that demonstrate a likely success for a vision-based approach.

Come again?

That looks a lot like a Tesla screen and software transplanted into another car. ...