Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is someone able to explain the Battery Current graph on the Activity page?
Negative amps is energy being drawn from the battery? I've never seen it go below about -3A despite being driven during that time. It does show large spikes of positive current though (e.g. upto 200A) during driving.

Current at charging looks understandable: I charge at home at 240V, 30A, single phase. So charging at 7.2KW. 7.2KW / 400 (Battery voltage at time of charging) = 18A. Graph shows positive current of 17.5A during charging (accounting for losses looks good).
1710099863910.png

Praise direct telemetry! The energy used and efficiency shown by Tessie matches what the car shows much better now! Went of three drives today totaling about 40 miles, and both the car and Tessie showed exactly 200 Wh/mi!
Awesome. Once this is out of beta, all energy usage calculations will be taken in real-time from the same BMS parameter that's used to calculate energy usage in the car, which should hopefully make it match in all cases. We already use the same number, but the main issue is we typically use a lagging indicator (the calculation measured by the BMS at last charge time, instead of in real-time as you're driving.)
Is someone able to explain the Battery Current graph on the Activity page?
Negative amps is energy being drawn from the battery? I've never seen it go below about -3A despite being driven during that time. It does show large spikes of positive current though (e.g. upto 200A) during driving.

Current at charging looks understandable: I charge at home at 240V, 30A, single phase. So charging at 7.2KW. 7.2KW / 400 (Battery voltage at time of charging) = 18A. Graph shows positive current of 17.5A during charging (accounting for losses looks good).
View attachment 1026461
Thanks for reporting this! This is an issue in the graphing data algorithm overly smoothing the lines. If you look at the last hour it won't have this issue.

I've just deployed a new server-side feature with an enhanced algorithm that should help this. The next update has further improvements for this as well.

Reactions: zoomer0056 and Tz00
Awesome. Once this is out of beta, all energy usage calculations will be taken in real-time from the same BMS parameter that's used to calculate energy usage in the car, which should hopefully make it match in all cases. We already use the same number, but the main issue is we typically use a lagging indicator (the calculation measured by the BMS at last charge time, instead of in real-time as you're driving.)

Thanks for reporting this! This is an issue in the graphing data algorithm overly smoothing the lines. If you look at the last hour it won't have this issue.

I've just deployed a new server-side feature with an enhanced algorithm that should help this. The next update has further improvements for this as well.
Looking better already!
1710133155566.png

Interesting. Maybe I missed it before, but I can see alerts from the car’s service menu in Tessie now… a crap ton of them lol. I’m getting DI_a024_holdNForNeutral, APP_w304_lssCamBlockedStatus, and APP_w269_autopilotLimited every time the car wakes up it looks like, often twice per wake, so 6 alerts per wake. It does make me feel better that Tessie shows the number of other cars experiencing it and the numbers are extremely high, so I guess it’s not really an issue specific to my car. Very cool.

On another note, it seems like one of the recent Tesla updates changed something that causes my car to wake a lot more throughout the day than it used to. My car used to only wake 0-1 times per day when I wasn’t driving it, but now it wakes 4-5 times per day. I was worried it was Tessie at first, but after some investigation and testing, I don’t think it’s Tessie. I think it might be a new security feature with the Tesla app that disables Bluetooth phone key when your iPhone has been sitting still for an extended period to protect against relay attacks. The problem is, when you first grab your phone in the morning after you’ve been sleeping or after you haven’t touched the phone for a couple hours, it seems to re-enable phone key and, if you car is within Bluetooth range, it wakes your car. Probably not great for the contactors and probably causes a bit higher idle drain. I might try disabling the Tesla app phone key and using Tessie as my phone key to see if that fixes it (my car is in my closed garage, so I’m not worried about relay attacks).

Last edited:
Tessie sends me notification about precipitation expected in my area and that my windows are open which is an awesome feature. This could be a great use case for automation. Thanks for considering.

@James@Tessie - is it possible to add actions into Automation that trigger Controls such as close windows? This would be a good use for the capability when we leave windows open or at Vent position and rain is coming. Thank you for considering.

@James@Tessie - is it possible to add actions into Automation that trigger Controls such as close windows? This would be a good use for the capability when we leave windows open or at Vent position and rain is coming. Thank you for considering.
Close Windows is already an automation action, but if you're referring to automatically closing them in conjunction with the rain check, I'll consider it!

I tried to export the raw data for a vehicle I am selling and have been waiting several days for the email link. Is this normal?
Seems like you haven't received the latest app update which updated the exporter with the latest format needed by the new Direct Telemetry data. Try exporting again from dash.tessie.com/settings/export and email me at [email protected] if it doesn't arrive after a few minutes.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Seems like you haven't received the latest app update which updated the exporter with the latest format needed by the new Direct Telemetry data. Try exporting again from dash.tessie.com/settings/export and email me at [email protected] if it doesn't arrive after a few minutes.
Is there a way to export all the data for a particular vehicle? I would prefer. It to have to export each month and year as I have been a user for years.

Hello, just bought a 2021 Model 3 LR (built late 2020 at Fremont).

I'm in the UK and can see I've got a E5D battery (LG) based on my V5C, which I believe is fairly rare for a UK Model 3 LR built in the US (and not China).

I've read that this started with a 74.5/75kWh nominal battery capacity, however Tessie is stating this to be 77.8kWh based on the average for this model.

Should I change this to 74.5/75 kWh to get a more accurate reflection of the battery degradation or does Tessie know more than the official estimates of nominal battery capacity for the E5D battery?