Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure it’s just a bug but this made me giggle. I was driving for the first half of this hour.
IMG_7353.png

Hmm. What makes you think that? Tesla says my 12V is fine. It looks like it’s ‘asleep’ for one minute and then online for two minutes …repeat repeat etc. Could it be something with the polling interval? Mine is set to 60 seconds.
What year is your car? Lead acid or lithium ion battery? How old is the battery? Can you post the activity grapgh? When my 2022 MSLR is not in use, I can see it wakes up every 6 hrs for about 15 minutes.
1000032434.jpg

Hmm. What makes you think that? Tesla says my 12V is fine. It looks like it’s ‘asleep’ for one minute and then online for two minutes …repeat repeat etc. Could it be something with the polling interval? Mine is set to 60 seconds.
Ah! Yes, great point. It is indeed due to your customized polling interval. When you see this behavior on a normal polling interval, it's indicative of a low 12V.

I've just deployed an improved algorithm for this chart that takes the polling interval into account in a smarter way. Check it again.

Reactions: Ozdw and zoomer0056
Ah! Yes, great point. It is indeed due to your customized polling interval. When you see this behavior on a normal polling interval, it's indicative of a low 12V.

I've just deployed an improved algorithm for this chart that takes the polling interval into account in a smarter way. Check it again.
Wow. Fixed. Impressive. Thanks!

James - my '17 MS is running 2024.14.9. The Tesla UI does not let me select a temperature on Overheat Detection, I assume due to my vintage. But the app does. Is this temperature being set or does it continue to use rhe default of 100°?

Also, the built-in Tesla overheat protection turns off after a period of time. Any way in Tessie I can have a routine to turn on A/C for 10 minutes when temperature exceeds x degrees, disable if battery drops < 10%, at location, yada yada with a repeating check while parked. I'd love to be able to do that.

TY!

James - my '17 MS is running 2024.14.9. The Tesla UI does not let me select a temperature on Overheat Detection, I assume due to my vintage. But the app does. Is this temperature being set or does it continue to use rhe default of 100°?

Also, the built-in Tesla overheat protection turns off after a period of time. Any way in Tessie I can have a routine to turn on A/C for 10 minutes when temperature exceeds x degrees, disable if battery drops < 10%, at location, yada yada with a repeating check while parked. I'd love to be able to do that.

TY!
Tessie actively checks the firmware configuration to see if COP supports setting a user temperature before letting you do it, so I would fully expect that the temperature is being set. The Tesla UI not allowing that sounds like a bug...

Temperature automations would be cool, but the big problem is that the car is asleep most of the time, and doesn't report temperature when asleep. So basically, it wouldn't work more than half the time unless your car is on 24/7.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Temperature automations would be cool, but the big problem is that the car is asleep most of the time, and doesn't report temperature when asleep. So basically, it wouldn't work more than half the time unless your car is on 24/7.
I'd use it very often even with those restrictions. This is a very hot car if parked in the sun. For me that's unavoidable this summer.