Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
KArnold:
Yes. yes, they work nicely together save for the time-out.

All:
For weekend & evening needs 50% capacity is plenty, and departure is usually unknown in advance. Just keeping it plugged in when not in set to 50% max meets our needs and optimises battery health. "On Arrival" charge, works if we plug in fast enough. I"ll check Tessie's charging schedule, it too may co-exist, but it seems less likely.

Giving up "Scheduled Departure" is a no fly zone. Scheduled departure allows for the charge need to be reversed into the correct start time, and that means peak SoC is met just before departure. This is best practice for battery health, and we prefer to start the work morning out at 63%.

What happens is I use automations to stop charging and increase the max batttery level to 63% at midnight. Anytime you change set levels and have Scheduled Departure programmed Tesla re-evaluates the charge start time. Since it's not negated by an automation "start charge" I get the best of both worlds.

Had I known the state of charge at all times of course we'd not need the variable start time of Scheduled Departure, but it's often not back to 50% at midnight.

I've no idea if Tessie scheduled charging will co-exist or not. I'll test this evening/weekend. I though it timed out after some number of hours too, but we'll see.

Jamie:
If things change and a "delay before execute" option seems palatable that would be great. Meanwhile, is "Turn off Scheduled Departure" and "Turn on Scheduled Departure" via automations feasible and of potential value to customers?
Makes sense!

Turning scheduled departure on/off is certainly of value. Unfortunately, the settings are address specific and the car only allows you to change the settings when the car detects that you're at that address. So if you want to turn on scheduled departure for your home when you're not currently at home, you can't, and vice versa. So automations wouldn't work for it reliably. That said, I think I could allow it with the right amount of warnings and disclaimers. I'll add it to my roadmap.

Reactions: dafish
Yes I was talking about tire rotations but would be nice to have other reminders like cabin air filter, brake fluid, etc. Or even the option to get mileage through shortcuts to set up our own reminders.
Maintenance alerts are now live on the desktop web app here and are coming to the next mobile app update!

Last edited:
Nope, but perhaps that'll be added in the future...
The car has to be unlocked and you have to be away for 3 minutes to get the unlocked notification. I'll consider automatic re-locking.
I just had my wife's car at the service center and kept getting notifications that the doors were unlocked. Would it be possible to exclude at locations other than home?

I think it would be really useful if Tessie could add more graphing controls. More specifically:

1. When double tapping to zoom on a graph, I think it should keep the y axis the same and just zoom on / expand the x axis.
  2. When zooming on a graph, it would be nice if the Average and Max values displayed above the graph were updated to display the calculations only for data shown in the zoomed area. I often want to know what my average Wh/mi was on a specific part of my drive (the highway for example).
  3. When a drive is selected and there are 8 graphs showing data from the drive, it would be nice if when you zoomed on one graph, they all zoomed to the same place. Say I want to look at the graph of only the portion of my drive where I was going 70 mph. It would be nice if I could just zoom into that portion on the Speed graph, and then scroll down to the Energy graph and it's already zoomed to the corresponding spot.
  4. A graph with a rolling average of Wh/mi would be super useful on the Drive page. Maybe with a configurable period of 1, 5, 15, and 30 minutes?
Love the app!

Hey James!

I saw one of the other Apple Watch apps now allows a Watch to be setup as a BT key (vs. just accessing the car through the network).

Seems like a terrific option (especially for non-LTE Watches), any thoughts about this for Tessie?
Yes. It's almost done.
I think it would be really useful if Tessie could add more graphing controls. More specifically:

1. When double tapping to zoom on a graph, I think it should keep the y axis the same and just zoom on / expand the x axis.
  2. When zooming on a graph, it would be nice if the Average and Max values displayed above the graph were updated to display the calculations only for data shown in the zoomed area. I often want to know what my average Wh/mi was on a specific part of my drive (the highway for example).
  3. When a drive is selected and there are 8 graphs showing data from the drive, it would be nice if when you zoomed on one graph, they all zoomed to the same place. Say I want to look at the graph of only the portion of my drive where I was going 70 mph. It would be nice if I could just zoom into that portion on the Speed graph, and then scroll down to the Energy graph and it's already zoomed to the corresponding spot.
  4. A graph with a rolling average of Wh/mi would be super useful on the Drive page. Maybe with a configurable period of 1, 5, 15, and 30 minutes?
Love the app!
Good ideas. Most of these are planned.