Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
K:

My sense if James is telling us (and I'm hoping he'll clarify), that either:
1) Cabin Overheat Protection keeps the car awake.
and/or
2) There is no accessible API to call COP.
and/or
3) He has no way to call cabin temp when the car is asleep (I'd have accepted the function require Sentry to work or etc) and either can't or doesn't want to get into the can of worms of waking the car. Periodically (say every 1/2 hour).

Dunno, but James is pretty responsive, so lets see.

K:

My sense if James is telling us (and I'm hoping he'll clarify), that either:
1) Cabin Overheat Protection keeps the car awake.
and/or
2) There is no accessible API to call COP.
and/or
3) He has no way to call cabin temp when the car is asleep (I'd have accepted the function require Sentry to work or etc) and either can't or doesn't want to get into the can of worms of waking the car. Periodically (say every 1/2 hour).

Dunno, but James is pretty responsive, so lets see.
1) Yes.

2) COP works by itself. It's (basically) a module in the car you turn on or off and then it does its thing.

3) Correct. Requiring Sentry to work is an interesting idea. I might add something like this in the future. It would need to be a continuous check as a Tesla interior temperature can change dramatically even in a minute.

Thank you James!

Should you ever pursue this the potential would be immense. Just one example.

1) If XYZ temp vent a window and force fan to high until temp ABC
2) If XYZ temp plus NNN close vents, turn AC on until temp ABC.
3) Set a "rain in the area" variable that blocked vent open.

Personally I'd vent open and fan on at 100f, close vented and shut down fan at 90f, went vented closed and AC on at 120F, off at 105F.

IMG_1130.png

Anyone know what crawled up their ass?

Eh, the mods of both those subreddits need to chill out. What’s it guessing at exactly?
Some (many?) people don't realize that the battery health measurement is a simple recording of the energy added number displayed in the car when charging finishes, then comparing that number to when the car was new. It's really simple. They're probably assuming it's guessing. I reached out to the mods apologizing and explaining how it works but was ignored. All I can do.

Some (many?) people don't realize that the battery health measurement is a simple recording of the energy added number displayed in the car when charging finishes, then comparing that number to when the car was new. It's really simple. They're probably assuming it's guessing. I reached out to the mods apologizing and explaining how it works but was ignored. All I can do.
Eh I wouldn’t worry about it, those guys have a stick up their ass.

• Funny
Reactions: JssonB
I thought I read somewhere that if you adjust the Fuel Costs in Settings it is only applicable from that point forward and doesn't impact historic costs.

That doesn't seem to be what is happening for me. As soon as I change Fuel Cost details and then look at Drives -> Analytics, my Fuel Cost history has changed.

I thought I read somewhere that if you adjust the Fuel Costs in Settings it is only applicable from that point forward and doesn't impact historic costs.

That doesn't seem to be what is happening for me. As soon as I change Fuel Cost details and then look at Drives -> Analytics, my Fuel Cost history has changed.
That's true of electric costs, but there's no fuel cost history. There's no entity that tracks local fuel prices (other than crowdsourcing in metro areas) and requiring you to track it over time yourself would be super onerous. You can still accomplish a general historical look - for example, by setting 2021's average fuel price then looking at your 2021 data.

That's true of electric costs, but there's no fuel cost history. There's no entity that tracks local fuel prices (other than crowdsourcing in metro areas) and requiring you to track it over time yourself would be super onerous. You can still accomplish a general historical look - for example, by setting 2021's average fuel price then looking at your 2021 data.
Thanks for clarifying. That's too bad. Would be great if you could occasionally change fuel prices over time (even yearly). Not a big deal over months, but over 10+ years ownership of the car it could really impact the comparison

James,
2 questions.
  1. The new update on iOS now shows the address of the destination on top under "driving"....any way to display that on a map? I couldn't find a way to see the vehicle plotted against the destination.
  2. When will these newest features appear on my Android devices?
1. Did you tap "Drive in progress"? If it's not appearing for you on the map, update your app.
2. After all of the issues during beta testing are addressed.

• Helpful
Reactions: insaneoctane