Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be amazing to have a feature in Tessie that would allow me to schedule a one-time departure charging schedule with a charge limit override.

For instance, I keep my daily charge limit at 75%, but I'm leaving on a roadtrip tomorrow at 9am and want the car to be charged to 100% right at that time. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this right now and searching around the forums it seems like a number of people are looking for this capability.

You can sort of/kind of do something along these lines using Tessie automations to set a one-time automation to raise the charge limit at a specific time...but that's not really what I'm looking for. Then I have to do the math to guess when I should have that happen, how long it's probably going to need to charge, etc. That's not really making it easy. I'm looking to have it hit a certain % of charge (overriding my limit) at a certain time.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
It would be amazing to have a feature in Tessie that would allow me to schedule a one-time departure charging schedule with a charge limit override.

For instance, I keep my daily charge limit at 75%, but I'm leaving on a roadtrip tomorrow at 9am and want the car to be charged to 100% right at that time. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this right now and searching around the forums it seems like a number of people are looking for this capability.

You can sort of/kind of do something along these lines using Tessie automations to set a one-time automation to raise the charge limit at a specific time...but that's not really what I'm looking for. Then I have to do the math to guess when I should have that happen, how long it's probably going to need to charge, etc. That's not really making it easy. I'm looking to have it hit a certain % of charge (overriding my limit) at a certain time.
You can... enable Scheduled Departure and create a one-time automation to raise the charge limit.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Just setup my Google Pixel Watch with Tessie and impressed so far versus other similar apps I've tried in the past. Just wondering if there will be custom Tiles available at some point?

Also (haven't tested this yet) does the watch key still function when the watch is locked?
I'd really like the ability to prevent it working when the watch is locked, for security.

Just setup my Google Pixel Watch with Tessie and impressed so far versus other similar apps I've tried in the past. Just wondering if there will be custom Tiles available at some point?

Also (haven't tested this yet) does the watch key still function when the watch is locked?
I'd really like the ability to prevent it working when the watch is locked, for security.
Wear OS tile is on my roadmap!

While locked behavior depends on the watch manufacturer. I'll look into it.

Wear OS tile is on my roadmap!

While locked behavior depends on the watch manufacturer. I'll look into it.
Sounds good! If there's not the ability to do it automatically then an option to manually disable and re enable the key from the watch easily would be beneficial, but obviously no idea if that's possible! I just really don't like the ability that someone could take my watch off charge or whatever and access my car.

james@tessie, ever since I connected my Apple Watch and enabled Scheduled Charge, I can't manually start my charge if I'm headed out or something. Is this an error you've seen before related to the Tessie app or should I just turn off the Scheduled Charge outright before trying to manually start a charge?

Assuming you're using an Apple Watch:

Apple supports background Bluetooth on Series 6 and watchOS 9 or newer. For older watches, the app must be open for Auto Unlock and Walk Away Lock to work.

For Series 6 and newer watches, Apple limits Auto Unlock and Walk Away Lock when the app is closed to a few times per day. Open the app to reset the limit and auto unlock.
What about Galaxy Watch 4 (Android - WearOS)? I've had the watch app installed for a while now. But just recently added it as a "phone key" to my car. Haven't fully tested the functionality of BT unlock feature yet. Do I have to have the app open on my watch in order to unlock the car?

james@tessie, ever since I connected my Apple Watch and enabled Scheduled Charge, I can't manually start my charge if I'm headed out or something. Is this an error you've seen before related to the Tessie app or should I just turn off the Scheduled Charge outright before trying to manually start a charge?
Never heard of anything like this but I'm not familiar with Scheduled Charge. You can't start a charge through the watch, phone or Tesla apps? Is there an error or does the car just not start charging?

Reactions: El joe
Never heard of anything like this but I'm not familiar with Scheduled Charge. You can't start a charge through the watch, phone or Tesla apps? Is there an error or does the car just not start charging?
It starts, then stops about a minute later. Scheduling it was fine via the Tesla and Tessie App, but if it's scheduled then I try to manually start a charge via the Watch App, it stops less than a minute later with no other message.

I also have the Watch for Tesla app and this hasn't happened with the same usage on that app on my phone nor watch, so it's only started happening since I started using Tessie about a week ago.

It starts, then stops about a minute later. Scheduling it was fine via the Tesla and Tessie App, but if it's scheduled then I try to manually start a charge via the Watch App, it stops less than a minute later with no other message.

I also have the Watch for Tesla app and this hasn't happened with the same usage on that app on my phone nor watch, so it's only started happening since I started using Tessie about a week ago.
Sounds a lot like you created a Charging Schedule automation, which will stop charging outside of your scheduled time. If you press start charging from Tessie it will override the schedule and continue charging. If charging starts from another source though, it will be stopped.

If you don't want any of that, you can delete that automation. If you're confused or something isn't working as I've described, please email me at [email protected].

Last edited:
Sounds a lot like you created a Charging Schedule automation, which will stop charging outside of your scheduled time. If you press start charging from Tessie it will override the schedule and continue charging. If charging starts from another source though, it will be stopped.

If you don't want any of that, you can delete that automation. If you're confused or something isn't working as I've described, please email me at [email protected].
Yeah, I can see that. But I've turned off scheduling in Tessie and now the error persists. As much as I hate to do it and as much as I really like the Tessie app and data, the impact of me not being able to start a charge manually is a nuisance and I'm deleting my app and account. :/

Why is it important for you to specify precisely that you are deleting the app and terminating the account? I'm sure he gets a notification about this in his systems. Tessie is without doubt the best 3dparty application made for Tesla, and I have tried most of them. Show some respect for the developer who worked hard for this, and please keep your frustration to yourself when it doesn't benefit anyone. Jessie is a superb developer with an incredible amount of knowledge, and who always responds to inquiries quickly. He has offered you personal assistance which you have obviously simply ignored.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
Yeah, I can see that. But I've turned off scheduling in Tessie and now the error persists. As much as I hate to do it and as much as I really like the Tessie app and data, the impact of me not being able to start a charge manually is a nuisance and I'm deleting my app and account. :/
Turning off scheduling would have no effect. You need to turn off or delete the automation you created that restricts when the car can charge, or you can tell Tessie to charge manually by pressing Start Charging. If you're confused or something isn't working as I've described, please email me at [email protected] so I can help with it.