Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the lifetime discount. Took the plunge after paying for the first year and comparing to another service. I’d be willing to throw in another $50 if I could get a correction factor setting or some way to force Tessie to assume a certain battery size so the kWh used and Wh/mi stats match up (or are at least closer) to what the car shows (basically just *.955 for my Model 3).

Thanks for the lifetime discount. Took the plunge after paying for the first year and comparing to another service. I’d be willing to throw in another $50 if I could get a correction factor setting or some way to force Tessie to assume a certain battery size so the kWh used and Wh/mi stats match up (or are at least closer) to what the car shows (basically just *.955 for my Model 3).
Tesla is working on a better telemetry system that should hopefully solve this.

Is there a way to rename or delete Tags? Tried searching the help, didn't see anything.

Also - auto-tag, if you want driving from Location A to Location B, and Location B to Location A - always tagged? i.e. "Commute"
1. Filter by the tag and tap ... > Tag All.
2. Everything from location A to B is already "tagged" as location A to B. It does not add the manual tag on top of it as it seems logically redundant, though I can see how that might come in handy.

1. Filter by the tag and tap ... > Tag All.
2. Everything from location A to B is already "tagged" as location A to B. It does not add the manual tag on top of it as it seems logically redundant, though I can see how that might come in handy.
That's what I'm currently doing as a work around. Filtering Home - Work, and Work - Home on locations, and Tagging all as "Commute". My reasoning for doing it, is to just look at the analytics for these specific drives. I supposed I could also just filter it based on the location and see the same analytics.

However, now I'm realizing that I have a "Work" tag and a "Commute" tag, and I'd like to rename my "Work" tag to something like "Work - Reimbursable" or something, for the miles that I do that my company will reimburse me, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to rename (or delete) a tag.

Filter by All Time with your tag and tap ... > Tag All. There's no other step.

I'm trying to rename the actual Tag, not the drives and what they're tagged as.
When I do Tag All, it gives me the three tags I have created (one of which I'd like to rename), + New Tag, and Clear.
A swipe or a long press on a Tag name, doesn't allow me to edit the tag name, or delete the tag.

I'm trying to rename the actual Tag, not the drives and what they're tagged as.
When I do Tag All, it gives me the three tags I have created (one of which I'd like to rename), + New Tag, and Clear.
A swipe or a long press on a Tag name, doesn't allow me to edit the tag name, or delete the tag.
The list of tags shows what is being used. There's no independent tag system that you need to edit/delete/manage/maintain.

If you select every drive tagged as A, and then you change those to B, you have already logically renamed tag A to B and deleted A, all in one step. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
The list of tags shows what is being used. There's no independent tag system that you need to edit/delete/manage/maintain.

If you select every drive tagged as A, and then you change those to B, you have already logically renamed tag A to B and deleted A, all in one step. Does that make sense?

Ahhh I see, when nothing is tagged with said tag, it disappears. Yes - got it, and successfully changed the tag out.
Thanks for bearing with me.

Reactions: James@Tessie
It's mandatory for some cars now, but will be for most every car in 2024. Tesla is moving over cars gradually to requiring it.
What would happen if I have new generation cars (2021 M3, 2022 MY, 2023 MY) and an old one (2018 MX) on the same account? Would I still get data for all cars or would Tessie stop receiving data from the MX once I move to the new Virtual Key system?

What would happen if I have new generation cars (2021 M3, 2022 MY, 2023 MY) and an old one (2018 MX) on the same account? Would I still get data for all cars or would Tessie stop receiving data from the MX once I move to the new Virtual Key system?
Nothing would happen. Virtual Key is an enhanced system for running commands. It's not related to receiving data. Nothing will change on the MX and it will continue to work the way it always has.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Maybe a long shot and low on the list of priorities but doesn't hurt to ask. Any chance for a Garmin watch app? I recently moved over from my Pixel Watch to a Garmin Epix Pro and didn't realize how much I'd actually be missing this (though, I knew the ecosystem was way more limited than Apple/Android).

Again, probably have bigger fish to fry. Keep up the incredible work, and thanks for sharing with us all!

Maybe a long shot and low on the list of priorities but doesn't hurt to ask. Any chance for a Garmin watch app? I recently moved over from my Pixel Watch to a Garmin Epix Pro and didn't realize how much I'd actually be missing this (though, I knew the ecosystem was way more limited than Apple/Android).

Again, probably have bigger fish to fry. Keep up the incredible work, and thanks for sharing with us all!
Probably not, sorry!

Is anyone able to login to the web dashboard? I am getting the login prompt, enter my email which sends me the verification code and when I enter it I am sent back to email entry screen. Mobile app is still ok.
There are no current reported issues with the web dashboard. I'd try disabling browser extensions or using another browser.