Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super thrilled to announce Direct Telemetry is now live! Enable it by pressing the info circle next to the vehicle in the menu on Dashboard. Mobile app update coming soon.

Report issues to [email protected].

Under the hood is a brand new, super powerful system in the car that streams low-level system data directly to Tessie over an end-to-end encrypted channel. This system provides much more data, and is dramatically more efficient and reliable than the Tesla API polling system used by existing Tesla software today.

Requirements:
  • Vehicle ownership
  • Vehicle running firmware version 2023.20.6 or later
  • Settings > Connectivity > Connection Type: Next-Gen
  • Older Model S/X not supported
Direct Telemetry is still in development at Tessie and Tesla, but these are already Included with the initial release:

Real-time data:

* Battery > Energy Remaining
* Battery > Temperature
* Battery > Current
* Battery > Voltage

Historical data:

* Activity > Energy Remaining
* Activity > Battery Temperature
* Activity > Battery Current
* Activity > Battery Voltage
* Battery Health > Lifetime Energy Usage

Sneak peek!

1708998988995.png

Last edited:
Super thrilled to announce Direct Telemetry is now live! Enable it by pressing the info circle next to the vehicle in the menu on Dashboard.

Report issues to [email protected].

Under the hood is a brand new, super powerful system in the car that streams low-level system data directly to Tessie over an end-to-end encrypted channel. This system provides much more data, and is dramatically more efficient and reliable than the Tesla API polling system used by existing Tesla software today.

Requirements:
  • Settings > Connectivity > Connection Type: Next-Gen
  • Vehicle running firmware version 2023.20.6 or later
  • Some older Model S/X are not supported
Direct Telemetry is still in development at Tessie and Tesla, but these are already Included with the initial release:

Real-time data:

* Battery > Temperature
* Battery > Current
* Battery > Voltage

Historical data:

Sneak peek!

View attachment 1022347

This has zero actual value to me, but I love data and this is really exciting. Thank you for the continuous improvements you make to the software. I know this thread is all ask, ask ask, but you work is appreciated.

Reactions: CobaltLights
Does next gen need to be enabled by the Tesla account owner? We two Teslas in Tessie and I'm only able to enable direct data on my car. She has an older 3, but the firmware meets the requirements. Were there other vehicle requirements that might not have been met?

Turned on real time per the above. Where do I see the new data?
Real-time data:

* Battery > Temperature
* Battery > Current
* Battery > Voltage

Historical data:

Just set this up, had data within 2 min. Anybody that does not have data quickly, make sure your car is awake. I had to send a close window request a couple of times (just to make sure it was awake) before data appeared.

Does anybody know if it is possible to get my Safety Score put into Tessie? I use Tesla Insurance so I have a Safety Score that I would like to keep tabs on, but I am also trying to move from the official Tesla app to Tessie. Already moved my Phone Key and only use the Tesla app for Safety Score and Service..

Just set this up, had data within 2 min. Anybody that does not have data quickly, make sure your car is awake. I had to send a close window request a couple of times (just to make sure it was awake) before data appeared.

Does anybody know if it is possible to get my Safety Score put into Tessie? I use Tesla Insurance so I have a Safety Score that I would like to keep tabs on, but I am also trying to move from the official Tesla app to Tessie. Already moved my Phone Key and only use the Tesla app for Safety Score and Service..
Safety Score data is supported on the legacy connection but not next-gen, as Tesla has disabled it. They're aware of the desire to re-enable it and plan on discussing it internally.

What is the update interval of the new battery data? It is much slower than the rest of the legacy data. I started charging, and it took maybe a minute or two before it shows the battery current go positive. (Battery wasn't heating). I thought it was going to be faster than the legacy data 10s update?

What is the update interval of the new battery data? It is much slower than the rest of the legacy data. I started charging, and it took maybe a minute or two before it shows the battery current go positive. (Battery wasn't heating). I thought it was going to be faster than the legacy data 10s update?
120 seconds while in beta. It will be increasing substantially when out of beta.

Reactions: Tz00