Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Thread: Cybertruck (Cybrtrk) Event - Nov 21, 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where do the rear seat passengers store their heads?

The highest point of the glass is between the front and rear seats so there is plenty of room for the rear passengers. Keep in mind he said Andre the Giant can sit in the front seat comfortably, so the high point is really high.
02_Desktop.jpg

12_Desktop.png

unfortunately I disagree. It’s TOO different. People won’t adapt to this extreme of a difference.

I think you're right. A little way from the norm, good; a ways too far off the norm, not so good. There is a reason truck design has not changed much for 100 years. They are the biggest selling thing on wheels, because people like them as they are. There are only so many people who will associate with something so radically different. Face it, we're sheep. Some of us like to stand out *a little*, so we drive an S or an AMG or whatever, but to drive this thing around with a straight face would be like wearing assless chaps to Home Depot. Not enough people want to stand out THAT much.

I like the idea that there is room for a shakeup, but I think this is not it. Then again, second-guessing anything Elon does (not counting timelines) can be a loser's game. Favorite comment so far: "Spaceballs El Camino"

It's the vehicular equivalent of calling every worker in 'Murrika pedo guy.

Which leaves who exactly as the target demographic? Even the most rabid internet influencers must rebel against this late-stage abortion.

It could be useful to the military though, as an OAV [Ocular Assault Vehicle] to horrify and repel the enemy without firing a shot!

Jesus wept ... von Holzhausen must have died inside to see his legacy so brutally violated before the world.

So many negative comments. Not sure it deserves them all. I ordered one, what the heck. It's 3 years away, small deposit, and who knows what will happen in 3 years. I wish he had showed off the truck more, like open the front doors so we can see the inside for goodness sake. I've never followed the crowd so the looks don't bother me so much. More interested in the range and towing capacity and off road capabilities. It doesn't look like a finished product, as others say, where's the side mirrors?

Where do the rear seat passengers store their heads?

Elon seems to continue believing people should store small objects randomly around the floorboards. Not a single bin or pocket in sight.

It does look like a fold down console in the middle back seat and the middle front looks like it folds down flat and is thicker, so possibly has storage. Then someone needs to sit there, so you fold it up and hear all your crap go sliding to the bottom.

“Dude, get out. I gotta get my shades out of your seat.”

You are too polite - FUGLY doesn't begin to describe it.

I've already seen all the comments on Reddit… ugly, fugly, hideous…

So, somebody has to say this: Have you looked at current production pickups from Ford, GM and FCA? I mean trying to forget for a moment how familiar and ubiquitous they are, and really taken a step back and try to look at them objectively, as if you hadn't seen them before? I live in pickup country, rural small-town Texas, and I have to look at those abominogs all over town every day. They're tall, bulked-up with super-high hoods and massive front grilles. They're like codpieces on wheels. They look like they were designed to frighten small children.

And then I see a crew cab, long-bed, dually diesel rig pull up in front of the post office like a barge on wheels, and a housewife climbs down out of the cab, probably just dropped off her kids at school. Then I just shake my head and wonder, how did we arrive at this madness? But most people don't even blink or think twice about it, because the wretched things are everywhere now!

If you live in a world gone mad, and then somebody reveals a glimpse of sanity, of course everybody's first natural reaction is going to be: What the hell is that? That's nuts!!

The highest point of the glass is between the front and rear seats so there is plenty of room for the rear passengers. Keep in mind he said Andre the Giant can sit in the front seat comfortably, so the high point is really high.

Looking at the interior shot, the high point is over or just in front of the driver’s head. The rear headrests are lower than the front and the roof is right over them. Gonna have to downsize to a five gallon hat. Or is it now a 5kw hat?

Reactions: OPRCE
Haha, I love all the outrage. Reminds me of the hate on Apple fan sites when they first announced the iPod.

I personally think it looks so absurd that I absolutely love it. I placed two orders for it to replace my Model 3 and Ram 1500.

99% of people might think it's fugly, but I LOVE it. It's so unique that I'd take it over a high-end Range Rover, G-Wagon, or even a supercar. Bottom line is that I'm buying it for me and not everyone else. :)

Hopefully the bed is larger than a ridgeline. Does not appear to be.

6.5 feet. My quad cab Ram has a 6’ bed. I ordered one ( it seems I may have ordered four as the site was slow, enough folks must be interested to crash the website). It’s got very useful stats at a good price. The looks are already growing on me after seeing further shots and video on the website.

it’s a ways out, yet, i expect some things will change as it develops