Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohio waiting room...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7 weeks into my order. Let’s see how much longer this takes. Waiting 2+ months for a car just blows my mind
I think part of it is Tesla’s manufacturing not keeping up with demand in general, but the whole industry is way behind. There’s a big Ford dealership in Pataskala (which is where I test drove the Mach-E) with a nearly-empty lot, because they just have no vehicles coming in. The Mustang would have been a 5-6 month wait, minimum.

Reactions: Brad497
I think part of it is Tesla’s manufacturing not keeping up with demand in general, but the whole industry is way behind. There’s a big Ford dealership in Pataskala (which is where I test drove the Mach-E) with a nearly-empty lot, because they just have no vehicles coming in. The Mustang would have been a 5-6 month wait, minimum.
Damn. This long wait makes me think about how people are selling their Tesla’s right when they get them for a profit. Maybe I should order another one and start the wait and then flip it 🤔

Reactions: MBx4
Tesla just called and said it arrived early Today and wants me to accept delivery tomorrow. Decided to do a pickup so I’m picking up tomorrow at 11am. Ordered 6/13, Got vin 7/14, delivery date was 7/25. now pushed up to 7/21 for pickup. Super excited! I’m assuming your delivery window turns into a 3 day period once your car arrives since that’s how long you have to accept delivery. because i had a 3 day window this morning then they just called me saying it was here. now my pickup date is showing and all i have to do is sign agreements.

Attachments

• FABDE500-DD5D-48A7-A6E2-61B292B794D7.jpeg
    FABDE500-DD5D-48A7-A6E2-61B292B794D7.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 6183CAB2-E9CE-4038-8F98-532A34227C4C.png
    6183CAB2-E9CE-4038-8F98-532A34227C4C.png
    190.7 KB · Views: 50
  • FD9529E6-AB0B-4C32-928F-58A9431EC168.jpeg
    FD9529E6-AB0B-4C32-928F-58A9431EC168.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 47
Tesla just called and said it arrived early Today and wants me to accept delivery tomorrow. Decided to do a pickup so I’m picking up tomorrow at 11am. Ordered 6/13, Got vin 7/14, delivery date was 7/25. now pushed up to 7/21 for pickup. Super excited! I’m assuming your delivery window turns into a 3 day period once your car arrives since that’s how long you have to accept delivery. because i had a 3 day window this morning then they just called me saying it was here. now my pickup date is showing and all i have to do is sign agreements.
Congrats! I am still waiting. Ordered 6/17 but no VIN yet. Y Performance, White, Black Interior, Tow Hitch. I was told that the performances have been coming in faster than LR...am working with Nick and Easton as well.

Reactions: djrevanew
Congrats! I am still waiting. Ordered 6/17 but no VIN yet. Y Performance, White, Black Interior, Tow Hitch. I was told that the performances have been coming in faster than LR...am working with Nick and Easton as well.
tow hitch slowed you down. i was told to add it after although it was $200 more i’d get the car faster.

Surprising news for me:

I was scheduled for delivery this coming Saturday, but my wife and I both have to be different places at the same time on Wednesday and having the second car would be helpful. I emailed my SA to see if there’s any way it would be here early (specifically by Wednesday afternoon), and he said there’s a possibility, but no guarantee. It’s not the end of the world either way, so I was fine with that.

I got a call today asking if I wanted to pick up on Tuesday!

Surprising news for me:

I was scheduled for delivery this coming Saturday, but my wife and I both have to be different places at the same time on Wednesday and having the second car would be helpful. I emailed my SA to see if there’s any way it would be here early (specifically by Wednesday afternoon), and he said there’s a possibility, but no guarantee. It’s not the end of the world either way, so I was fine with that.

I got a call today asking if I wanted to pick up on Tuesday!
Congrats!

Reactions: Darblish
One week update.

Things I learned after taking delivery:

-Ohio made a law where you don’t get your 1000 miles of supercharge for free
-Buy your mud flaps from Amazon because the ones from Tesla only have front flaps
-PPF on rear doors will come complimentary at certain locations (Easton is one of them)
-Don’t buy wall connector just install a 14-50 outlet & buy $35 to charge
-Don’t buy USB drive for Sentry Mode or Dash Cam because the Model Y comes with it installed already.
-If you see panel gaps at delivery or pickup, don’t worry about it. Still accept it. Just let them know days later about the gaps and they will come out to you to fix them.
-Wireless chargers charge iPhone 12 Pro Max very slow
-Superchargers charge faster the lower the battery is (Don’t let battery get lower than 10%)
-Do not use aftermarket door lights that shine the Tesla logo on the ground when you open your door (You will shatter your window)
-You will get a lot of envious jealous looks while driving & exiting car after you park

Also forgot to mention:

-While using FSD on streets (Not on highway) it will slow down for EVERY traffic light whether it’s red or green. This is very annoying. It should already noticed that the light is green and continue through, instead you have to confirm to continue through the green light just like you have to confirm lane changes.

One week update.

Things I learned after taking delivery:

-Ohio made a law where you don’t get your 1000 miles of supercharge for free
-Buy your mud flaps from Amazon because the ones from Tesla only have front flaps
-PPF on rear doors will come complimentary at certain locations (Easton is one of them)
-Don’t buy wall connector just install a 14-50 outlet & buy $35 to charge
-Don’t buy USB drive for Sentry Mode or Dash Cam because the Model Y comes with it installed already.
-If you see panel gaps at delivery or pickup, don’t worry about it. Still accept it. Just let them know days later about the gaps and they will come out to you to fix them.
-Wireless chargers charge iPhone 12 Pro Max very slow
-Superchargers charge faster the lower the battery is (Don’t let battery get lower than 10%)
-Do not use aftermarket door lights that shine the Tesla logo on the ground when you open your door (You will shatter your window)
-You will get a lot of envious jealous looks while driving & exiting car after you park
Thanks. How do you get them to put free ppf on?

Did you get an option to pickup in person rather than having it delivered? I got a text allowing me to schedule delivery for 8/9, but it won’t let me pickup.
I was offered home delivery, but declined because I wanted to make the final payment after seeing the car. If they brought it to me, it sounds like I would have to pay before they left Easton. Maybe just call?