Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohlins R&T landing in the USA as soon as May

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never got an appeal of spherical tops and I don't think they do anything beyond placebo unless they camber/caster adjustable.
I have to second this. Also, NVH I was fine with on my BMW ICE I was very much not fine with on the Tesla. Everything is accentuated in an EV. So many people I've talked to have complained about NVH when installing some particular aftermarket parts.

Reactions: EVolv3d
It's a Road & Track product. Not a street product. Send Ohlins USA a message to request for spring options or a street kit.
I've had Ohlins DFV R&T on several cars. They are generally fine on the street with soft damping settings. I hope these are too, just surprised they've chosen rates that high. Most people getting these will expect to a dual-duty setup. So, I hope they choose damping to make these work for street applications as well.

I've had Ohlins DFV R&T on several cars. They are generally fine on the street with soft damping settings. I hope these are too, just surprised they've chosen rates that high. Most people getting these will expect to a dual-duty setup. So, I hope they choose damping to make these work for street applications as well.
Hard to make everyone happy. Back in the days when Ohlins R&T made the BMW E46 E8x E9x with softer spring rates track guys complained. Then they made the F2x/8x with higher spring rates street guys complained. Just can't win! lol For some applications they have dialed back a bit on the R&T product spring rates and offered dedicated track system.

Hmm, that's quite the difference up front. I'd have to drive such a setup, but I suspect 11/12 would feel oversprunged up front.
I want to say so as well. I am at 9 and 12 with MCS 2WNR. It feels really good for street duty(nearly as compliant as stock), but too soft for the track. I trust Ohlins judgement since it they have done plenty of testing before releasing this kit.