Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Okay. Got the email to schedule delivery WOOHOO! How long now for VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news for me. Got the following email from a Tesla Delivery Scheduling Advisor:

Your Model 3 will be available between Sunday, September 30 through Sunday, October 7.

I see no VIN on my Summary Page, anyone have experience and know how long until I see a VIN?

Thanks!

Reactions: SMAlset
Great news for me. Got the following email from a Tesla Delivery Scheduling Advisor:

Your Model 3 will be available between Sunday, September 30 through Sunday, October 7.

I see no VIN on my Summary Page, anyone have experience and know how long until I see a VIN?

Thanks!

Yeah, I've been several days since I got my VIN by email (but still waiting for Delivery date), and still my account is showing nothing. I phoned them tonight, and they pinged my IDA - they can't validate much or correct anything at the 1-888 number.

Congrats. Pretty much in same boat as you except our delivery window is Sun 9/23 - Sun 9/30. We emailed our preferred dates and time range and waiting to hear back. Also have a trade-in and waiting on that. This is our 3rd contact about delivery. Got to the same point a few weeks ago and then got a reply that production apparently didn't have our car and we'd be contacted when it was readily available again. Hoping third time is a charm! Really been looking forward to this. Have my all weather mats already and a date for film and ceramic pro set for early October. We keep checking for the date, amount due and Vin. Good luck with your delivery!

Today I got a text at 2:10pm, responded at 2:15pm, scheduled delivery at 2:16pm, VIN assigned about 6pm. AWD reservation 7/17, delivery date 9/10, email 9pm :), SF bay area, home delivery 15 miles from the factory. My across the street neighbor had a similar experience last week. I'm thinking they're prioritizing high margin configs in the bay area that they can fulfill with a quickly trained employee, employee drives vehicle to buyer, and lyfts back, rinse, lather, repeat. I'm thinking they want to optimize september delivery and revenue.

Today I got a text at 2:10pm, responded at 2:15pm, scheduled delivery at 2:16pm, VIN assigned about 6pm
How’d you get that VIN? Just appeared on the website? Or contact from a human?

My across the street neighbor had a similar experience last week
I hope he didn’t get the same color!

I'm thinking they're prioritizing high margin configs
They definitely are prioritizing higher margin...as we get closer to end end of quarter, they’re going to be happy to match any built car to any buyer available. I really hope since they offered me delivery 9/29 and I had to postpone until 10/1 that my car doesn’t get “lost” on the way to the East Cost and instead get sold to you neighbor!

I got that same e-mail yesterday. Strange thing is that the "Edit" link is still present in my account and the "Edit" link disappearing used to mean that they'll be contacting you soon. There used to be a Javascript trick where you could see your VIN before they tell you but they took that away. Does anyone know if receiving that e-mail means that a VIN has already been assigned to you on the back end or will a VIN will be assigned on a later date?

Does anyone have any information about all the delivery emails? Seems like almost everyone waiting got a delivery email for end of quarter push.

Are they just scheduling all deliveries and then doing the production? Is this their way of handling delivery bottlenecks?

My husband said he saw his check list now has a check next to "Schedule Delivery". He said that was new. No email confirming a delivery date after we responded with dates & times BUT he said when he refreshed his Tesla Account webpage at the bottom of the page after the "download on App Store or on Google Play" area, it says:

DELIVERY APPOINTMENT
Sept 23, 2018 at 10:30 am
Fremont Delivery Hub
47623 Fremont Boulevard
Fremont, CA 94538

I think this means we have a set date in a little over 2 weeks! Check your Tesla Account page at the bottom if you are waiting to hear on an appointment date.

Last edited:
I am beginning to think this is just another placebo for most of us.

I have emailed the Delivery Scheduling Advisor twice since receiving the email and no response, and no phone number in the email. I am beginning to have serious doubts about Tesla with all of the Elon stuff going on and the stock diving. Tesla appears to keep stringing us along with hopeful emails and then nothing. The competition is catching up (iPace, Mercedes, Lucid, Porsche, etc. all announcing cars in 2019) all of which will maintain the $7500 credit, I agree the charging network is an issue and Tesla is way ahead with that, I suspect eventually other companies will make a deal with Tesla to use the Tesla charging system. Anyway, in my case I plan on using home charging 90% of the time anyway. After over 2 years of waiting I am starting to get burned out....:)

I am beginning to think this is just another placebo for most of us.
Each person’s situation is different from the bad luck of a problem with thier car or not being at one of the more organized delivery centers, but they are definitely not stringing people along for something they can’t deliver..... dozens of model 3’s are rolling out of delvery centers every day and their parking lots are immediately filled up with more.

I’d hang in there.... the competition is barely starting to ramp up. A bunch of press releases and non-production protypes don’t mean a thing. It will be 3 years before the legacy dinosaurs catch up and Tesla might increase their advantage futher by then (and reglardess, Tesla will still be Tesla with a brand that’s special.)

Reactions: Crispix
Been 2.5 years since I reserved my Model 3. Got expected delivery date of Sept-Nov. Living far away on the east coast, I don't know what to expect and will probably loose the max Fed. tax credit. If it gets pushed even later into 2019, I may reconsider options and see what other car makers, e.g. Mercedes have in store. 3 years is a long time to wait, as others catch up.

Been 2.5 years since I reserved my Model 3. Got expected delivery date of Sept-Nov. Living far away on the east coast, I don't know what to expect and will probably loose the max Fed. tax credit. If it gets pushed even later into 2019, I may reconsider options and see what other car makers, e.g. Mercedes have in store. 3 years is a long time to wait, as others catch up.

I don't doubt they will make that deliver range for you.

I replied to the email I received that confirmed my delivery appointment to ask when a VIN would be assigned. Kris replied "1-2 days prior to delivery." I'm scheduled to pick up on 9/23, no new information (other than the appointment) on my account.

If you need it for loan set up, you are likely to get it sooner, or upon request.

I also got an email last week with a delivery at the end of this month. I responded with a preferred day and time but have not heard back. No update on the website either. Have emailed to ask how "firm" this window is so I can make arrangements for trade, insurance, etc but no response yet.