Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On-time Delivery of 2nd Model S! :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of our 2nd Model S today. P90D to add to the garage, with '1' and '2' speed modes. Removable performance battery.

When I got a UPS shipment email, I was excited for the weekend. Imagine my surprise an hour later when a Model S is on my doorstep? Who said Elon Musk has trouble with meeting delivery dates? May 17 is about as 'Mid-May' as you can get!

She's beautiful. VIN #00073. Been raining all day so we'll get some fun photos and videos later with the happy owners!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 3.15.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 3.15.24 PM.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 310
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 3.15.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 3.15.07 PM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 155
Took delivery of our 2nd Model S today. P90D to add to the garage, with '1' and '2' speed modes. Removable performance battery.
When I got a UPS shipment email, I was excited for the weekend. Imagine my surprise an hour later when a Model S is on my doorstep? Who said Elon Musk has trouble with meeting delivery dates? May 17 is about as 'Mid-May' as you can get!

She's beautiful. VIN #00073. Been raining all day so we'll get some fun photos and videos later with the happy owners!
Nice! Their on back order right now with a July delivery date... Did you get the next-gen seat?

It's great that yours came on time, but a lot of us currently waiting on our Model S's have been met with slipping ETA's week after week. Not saying that this has anything to do with the press fear-mongering around the Model 3, but it's hard to say that Tesla's track record for accurate ETAs is stellar. Of course, most of us will just bear the wait, but ironically there is more variance in the production queue / production time than in the transit time afterwards, which Tesla must accept responsibility for. An accurate ETA is really important for organizing the logistics around transitioning from one car to another. I for one don't mind if the dates they gave were conservative and biased towards being "guaranteed-by" dates. What I do mind is being given a vague 6 week window, and every week I manage to get a response out of my DS that the 6 week window has rolled forward by one week. My car was supposed to be in production now, but now the ETA is 2nd week of June. And I can't say I'm expecting that date to stick either.

Some cars are made on time. Others are not. That doesn't boil down to "Who said Elon Musk can't meet delivery dates?".... nor do I expect Elon to be at fault for these kinds of slips.

It's great that yours came on time, but a lot of us currently waiting on our Model S's have been met with slipping ETA's week after week. Not saying that this has anything to do with the press fear-mongering around the Model 3, but it's hard to say that Tesla's track record for accurate ETAs is stellar. Of course, most of us will just bear the wait, but ironically there is more variance in the production queue / production time than in the transit time afterwards, which Tesla must accept responsibility for. An accurate ETA is really important for organizing the logistics around transitioning from one car to another. I for one don't mind if the dates they gave were conservative and biased towards being "guaranteed-by" dates. What I do mind is being given a vague 6 week window, and every week I manage to get a response out of my DS that the 6 week window has rolled forward by one week. My car was supposed to be in production now, but now the ETA is 2nd week of June. And I can't say I'm expecting that date to stick either.

Some cars are made on time. Others are not. That doesn't boil down to "Who said Elon Musk can't meet delivery dates?".... nor do I expect Elon to be at fault for these kinds of slips.
You guys know they are talking about their Tesla Model S RadioFlyer toy car right?:D (look to the far right in the first photo

• Funny
Reactions: Blueeyedme