Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One Percent Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I went for a drive today and got a bit carried away, travelled too many kilometres and may have done a bit too much Ludicrousing (it’s now a word!). When I dialled in the Nav destination for home it sent me a very rude reply in red stating “ -1%. Need to recharge to reach destination!!! ” This delightful message was delivered just as I was pulling onto the motorway merge for the 70 kilometre drive home. Knowing that there were no charges between where I was at that point and my home destination, I followed the line of traffic onto the motorway toward certain electrical death, about 60 kilometres ahead. As I emerged with the four lane traffic conga line – It seemed that God had thoughtfully sent me one of the biggest fattest Winnebago’s I’ve ever seen. I thanked Him, literally. Then I grabbed a tow in the slipstream for about the next 40 kilometres - changing the -1% into 1% at my home destination. I’m now in the “One Percent Club” - it’s a good club to join but I don’t want to visit again!

Attachments

• 20160626_163711.jpg
    20160626_163711.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: Kayto and alpal
I didn’t know this but apparently 0 can actually mean ZERO. Apparently, depending on calibration, with 0 km remaining on the display, it is possible to travel another 15 - 30 km, but not always. According to Bjørn Nyland in his video, it isn’t wise to assume there’s any buffer at all.

• Informative
Reactions: Kayto