TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

One Percent Club

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Vegas, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Vegas

Vegas Member

So I went for a drive today and got a bit carried away, travelled too many kilometres and may have done a bit too much Ludicrousing (it’s now a word!). When I dialled in the Nav destination for home it sent me a very rude reply in red stating “ -1%. Need to recharge to reach destination!!! ” This delightful message was delivered just as I was pulling onto the motorway merge for the 70 kilometre drive home. Knowing that there were no charges between where I was at that point and my home destination, I followed the line of traffic onto the motorway toward certain electrical death, about 60 kilometres ahead. As I emerged with the four lane traffic conga line – It seemed that God had thoughtfully sent me one of the biggest fattest Winnebago’s I’ve ever seen. I thanked Him, literally. Then I grabbed a tow in the slipstream for about the next 40 kilometres - changing the -1% into 1% at my home destination. I’m now in the “One Percent Club” - it’s a good club to join but I don’t want to visit again!

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  2. PJF000

PJF000 TOCA Member

You could have lasooed his spare on the back door, taken your foot off the accelerator and finished the journey with a few more ludicrouses after detaching :D

• Like x 1
  3. Bullet1

Bullet1 Electric - way of the future

Like the Russian dude did getting towed behind a truck charging by using regen? Home with extra!

• Like x 1
  4. voyxr6

voyxr6 Member

Didn't she warn u when u were getting outside charging range? :eek:

5. Vegas

Vegas Member

Yes she did her job, I just didn't put the destination in the nav until too late

6. mike_j

mike_j Member

Bah humbug, if you don't arrive at your destination with less than 2%, you wasted too much time charging.

• Like x 2
  7. raynewman

raynewman Member

2%? - I thought it more like 2km :cool:

• Like x 1
  8. WhiteStar

WhiteStar Member

I didn’t know this but apparently 0 can actually mean ZERO. Apparently, depending on calibration, with 0 km remaining on the display, it is possible to travel another 15 - 30 km, but not always. According to Bjørn Nyland in his video, it isn’t wise to assume there’s any buffer at all.

• Informative x 1
  9. alpal

alpal Member

B*gger. There goes that theory!

10. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

If it's cold and you near 0% take heed.....in warmer weather relax and push it ;-)

• Like x 1
  11. Keiron

Keiron Member

I am grateful for the fact that the first MS driver to run to zero was in Queensland!. Ballsy too he photographed the whole disaster and posted it. That was back in Jan 15 when there wasnt any super chargers etc and we were all very nervous....