Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if $5 million is the cost to pay the incentive, it will just mean 357 rebates. I don't think that is correct, just Tesla itself would have more than 400 alone.
Exactly why I said that as it's not just Tesla alone or even only the EHVIP. It just doesn't compute. Seems like selective accounting or maybe it's just including those other programs like GreenON or the associated costs so far regarding those torn up renewable contracts, etc. I think it's a little early to know the full effect of the wind down and so this was a bit premature.

"Alternative facts" anyone?

California has similar restrictions on EV cars claiming a rebate here so not surprised your government is sending out that note to everyone in the program. Not sure they bother sending anything out here, maybe you're just suppose to look up the rules yourself and abide. Also don't know how good they are at policing it.

5million to 27 participants... companies that got money for helping wind down the program? It's rather vague and incognito. No way the program cost 5million when Tesla was delivering 200cars a day for a few weekends plus the people who cancelled, reordered and got the rebate after they cut a backroom deal.