Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how many people were waiting to pull the trigger
I really don't know why people waited. There was no way the Model 3 wasn't going to be on there. Unless they revamped the program again. But lucky for those who configure now, i still think they'll be included with everyone else who ordered in late March. They're going to do a massive production and shipment together I would assume at the end of April for delivery for early/mid May. (logically speaking)

I really don't know why people waited. There was no way the Model 3 wasn't going to be on there. Unless they revamped the program again. But lucky for those who configure now, i still think they'll be included with everyone else who ordered in late March. They're going to do a massive production and shipment together I would assume at the end of April for delivery for early/mid May. (logically speaking)

I think the concern among some was that if the 3 was not on the list AT the time you ordered, you would not be eligible for the rebate even though it was added later.

Reactions: SmartElectric
I'm curious about delivery now, I know some owners ordered back around Mar 22nd I think was the earliest, I ordered on Mar 31st (I love that worked out to be the 2nd year anniversary!) and I have a friend who ordered on Apr 7th.

Let's see if they are all batched together or if there's enough demand to require split batches.

Hope you are correct! I can understand why some would wait. We’re dealing with the government and the rebate could be a make or break deal for first production. I sure would like to have delivery prior to the end of May. And the paperwork filed.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I am glad I ordered. March 27 same day as my configurator opened. I am hoping for VIN by early May and delivery by early June. I would not be surprised if Tesla runs the line for a week doing Canadian cars and sends a large number north. Just to get the slight differences smoothed out. CONVOY!

I am glad I ordered. March 27 same day as my configurator opened. I am hoping for VIN by early May and delivery by early June. I would not be surprised if Tesla runs the line for a week doing Canadian cars and sends a large number north. Just to get the slight differences smoothed out. CONVOY!
I hope it doesn't take that long. End of May the latest for deliveries. I'm.hoping we'd see VINs in less than 2 weeks.

Reactions: McFlurri
Green Party of Ontario platform states the following: Support the purchase of electric vehicles through a rebate program for purchasing electric vehicles with a cap on the vehicle purchase price, eliminating HST on zero emission vehicles, and providing free overnight vehicle charging for residential customers.

EDIT: Not to mention they also have the following on their website as well:

Add more charging stations along 400 series highways as quickly as possible.

With the Ontario NDP platform now available, has anyone heard what their position is regarding the $14k EVIP rebate? I don't see any mention of it on their platform: Andrea Horwath's Change for the Better

It's straight forward: eliminate any incentives for non-public transit while spending like there's no tomorrow. After the election taxes will go up to partially offset the spending but still increasing the overall debt.