Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN are coming soon. I live in Maple, I have been seeing one truck a day delivering Model 3s to a local warehouse. They are here.

My natural pessimism is fighting this but I hope you’re correct. Are you sure they’re Model 3s? I know tons of people I talk to constantly mistake the S and the X even though they look very different to me, so it could easily happen with the S and 3.

My natural pessimism is fighting this but I hope you’re correct. Are you sure they’re Model 3s? I know tons of people I talk to constantly mistake the S and the X even though they look very different to me, so it could easily happen with the S and 3.
Model 3s for sure. I visited Tesla in Yorkdale two weeks ago Saturday just to see the model 3 in person and questioned the sales rep about them being in Ontario. He confirmed that they are here and stated that they are waiting for the Ontario government to approve the rebate before they start processing. Not sure how true this is but I will take it. I know everyone CAN’T wait . Although I am surprises the Lawrence store doesn’t have a model to showcase

Model 3s for sure. I visited Tesla in Yorkdale two weeks ago Saturday just to see the model 3 in person and questioned the sales rep about them being in Ontario. He confirmed that they are here and stated that they are waiting for the Ontario government to approve the rebate before they start processing. Not sure how true this is but I will take it. I know everyone CAN’T wait . Although I am surprises the Lawrence store doesn’t have a model to showcase

It would be great if you could share a more exact warehouse location. There are those of us who would spend the day waiting there to verify this. Any more additional information would be appreciated. This information is the most current we have had. Requires verification.

I’m starting a new thread for this.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I find this confusing.

I thought Tesla built to order cars?

When I've called Tesla, they informed me that they build to order. So with all of the orders they have right now, they need to wait until my number comes up... then they will start production. Once my vehicle gets to a certain stage in that production, i will be given my VIN.

I find this confusing.

I thought Tesla built to order cars?

When I've called Tesla, they informed me that they build to order. So with all of the orders they have right now, they need to wait until my number comes up... then they will start production. Once my vehicle gets to a certain stage in that production, i will be given my VIN.

Like I replied to you in the other thread Model 3 has not been treated the same as S and X. They are prebuilding in color/wheel groups and assigning VIN’s of pre-built cars closer to transport.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
It would be great if you could share a more exact warehouse location. There are those of us who would spend the day waiting there to verify this. Any more additional information would be appreciated. This information is the most current we have had. Requires verification.

I’m starting a new thread for this.

Share the link once it’s created please!

With quite unpopular liberal leader Kathleen Wynne looks like there is a good chance Doug Ford will become new Premier of Ontario. Does anybody know his standing on EV rebate program? Tried to search internet for it but didn't find much so far. Sorry if it was discussed already.

With quite unpopular liberal leader Kathleen Wynne looks like there is a good chance Doug Ford will become new Premier of Ontario. Does anybody know his standing on EV rebate program? Tried to search internet for it but didn't find much so far. Sorry if it was discussed already.
Conseratives have publicly stated they will kill Climate Action Plan, cap & trade and take federal government to court if Feds impose carbon tax. EV rebates are part of Climate Action Plan and cap&trade are how it gets financed. Pretty clear what conservatives will do ASAP once elected.

If they scrap the rebate due to the need for a balanced budget, there are still ways they can help with adoption of EV that won’t break the bank.

1. Allow green plates to use HOV with single rider again. Not sure why they scrapped this to begin with.

2. Some discount to use the 407 ETR (e.g. first x KMs each month free)

3. Other members add more ideas...