Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone on this thread gambling and waiting to order the dual motor configuration, in the hopes that the rebate will still be available after the June 7 election?
I am waiting for the D configuration. I look at this way, I am buying it for my wife and I want the 4WD for her. If I get the rebate, that's icing on the cake. If not, oh well, that's life. I have a RWD S, and I did get stuck with snow tires and air suspension, and I did struggle in going up hill. I managed to get through 4 winters being stuck once though....
But if I must have the rebate, I would order one now...

Reactions: SmartElectric
I am waiting for the D configuration. I look at this way, I am buying it for my wife and I want the 4WD for her. If I get the rebate, that's icing on the cake. If not, oh well, that's life. I have a RWD S, and I did get stuck with snow tires and air suspension, and I did struggle in going up hill. I managed to get through 4 winters being stuck once though....

Most ppl who orders RWD are afraid to lose 14K, and plus 6.5K for AWD. Most of us could not afford that 20K+, otherwise we may not able to buy Model 3 at all.

Rich and poor thinking could not be understood each other. Just like poor could not image rich to fly Emirates 1st class which is 10* more than economic fare.;)

My thinking is the same. Plus if the rebate is gone quickly that means the PC have won (probably a majority) and that's better for my industry and my finances which would be more than just a one time 14k benefit. That said I don't think cap and trade is going anywhere soon, even with a PC government. Hopefully I can have my icing on the cake as well.

Picking up my M3 on June 6 and had my Tesla Wall Connector installed this week. Starting to look at the paperwork for the rebates. The car will be in my corporation name. I assumed that the EVCIP rebate would also apply to the car, but am I correct in reading the program guide that I will not be eligible for this rebate because the car is in my corporation name and therefore not for "personal use"?

My car will also be under my corporation name. Question for you, does your registration info in your My Tesla account show both the company name as well as your name as well?
Asking because the rebate form specifically says it the rebate cannot be applied by both a business and individual, so trying to be a bit careful.

Stupid question as well: For D2 section of the rebate application, is this yes or no regarding the rebate?

I have new custom plates as well ready to be put on the car. Can i get new stickers before the delivery date, or I have to
wait for the car and ownership and then hit up Service Ontario?

Thanks

I have a question on K5 Data Provision section. I have already signed on K1 section, do I need to sign K5 Data Provision section as well.
We are two owners and this section has only one row for applicant's last and first name.

Delivery tomorrow, wanted to keep this stuff ready by then.

My MVPA says agreement date as May 29 though my actual delivery is today? I have sent an email to my ISA.

As far as I know, the date on the MVPA is specifically the date of the PA portion of the acronym (Purchase Agreement). Similar to a "traditional" car purchase from a dealer, your delivery date wouldn't be the same as your purchase date unless your dealer had already had their inventory car prepped and ready for you to drive it off their lot.

Mine says May 26th and I'm picking up today.

As far as I know, the date on the MVPA is specifically the date of the PA portion of the acronym (Purchase Agreement). Similar to a "traditional" car purchase from a dealer, your delivery date wouldn't be the same as your purchase date unless your dealer had already had their inventory car prepped and ready for you to drive it off their lot.

Mine says May 26th and I'm picking up today.

Thanks for the update! That may be the case, I was mixing up my order date (April 2) with my purchase date. I have sent an email to my ISA, if he replies by the time of delivery.

My MVPA says agreement date as May 29 though my actual delivery is today? I have sent an email to my ISA.
Are you asking about date to use in B3 (Date of vehicle order)?

I'm using the "date of agreement" as found in row one of page one of the MVPA.

That way, the government clerk will see that both documents have the same date but said same date is not delivery date......

Stupid government forms........

Reactions: 03DSG