Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Officially vague or else they wouldn’t need to clarify.

They're not used to manufacturers without dealerships.

I see no reason they'd extend the exception to Tesla. Dealerships stuck with stock on hand is one thing. Tesla doesn't have that problem. If nothing else they could always move those cars back to the USA. Also they might make an exception for Canadian companies (dealers) but I doubt they'd extend that to American companies.

We have to understand that this is not Tesla’s fault. We should all reach out to our MPP and make our voices heard, tweet Ford Nation and let everyone know how unfair this is. If there is enough noise, maybe they will change this just like he deadline for home reno rebates was extended for those who already have a contract.
Best bet is to lobby the federal govt for a nationwide EV program. No way ford nation is budging. “Promise made. Promise kept” bleh

Reactions: adaptabl
So they told you clearly, that your not getting a rebate on your car. Did a rep tell you or someone with authority? Stop putting up stuff without actually evidence to support.

Thanks
He phoned and told me directly. I can’t record the conversation although someone basically wrote it verbatim on here. It was the rep who works at Tesla who I’ve been constantly in contact with since I ordered the car. I’m not sure how I could prove it though I’m sure it’ll be clarified in the days to come by both sides.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
I had spoke to a supervisor at HQ and he had informed me that they were still in talks with mto, and he would get back to me in a couple of days. They did tell him it should be fine but he didn’t want to say anything until he was 100% sure. What I noticed about some of the users on this forum is that they get a kick from trying to burst others hopes. I spoke to the supervisor around 6 pm today. So everyone sit tight until this is cleared up![/QUOTE

I also called the ministry of finance (MTO doesn’t control it) and they told me the same thing because they didn’t know. The Tesla rep confirmed that they wouldn’t know yet because they’re so uninformed. The Tesla reps dealt directly the government reps. Believe me, as I was supposed to originally get the car the last week of June I’m very unhappy. I’m not trying to make anyone upset, just informing others of what I was told which I’m pretty sure is the point of the forum.

My Tesla guy called me with the news today and said I could get a full refund on my deposits but I really want my Tesla 3. I can’t do it without the rebates so I wrote MTO and copied the MPP explaining I have a VIN number, expect delivery within the next 2 weeks and have already had the charger installed. I hope this government finds some compassion on this.

Just logged into Tesla Account and my delivery estimate has changed from Oct-Dec to Aug-Oct...Hopefully signs they are speeding for Sep delivery and not that many have cancelled hence moved up the Q. Reservation was made Mar 28, 2018. Invited on Jun 28, ordered AWD on Jun 30 but switched to RWD on Jul 4 when I found that AWD was not listed on eligible list.

Just logged into Tesla Account and my delivery estimate has changed from Oct-Dec to Aug-Oct...Hopefully signs they are speeding for Sep delivery and not that many have cancelled hence moved up the Q. Reservation was made Mar 28, 2018. Invited on Jun 28, ordered AWD on Jun 30 but switched to RWD on Jul 4 when I found that AWD was not listed on eligible list.

Ditto! Just joing the forum to add to the thread that my delivery estimate has also jumped from Oct-Dec to Aug-Oct. Hopefully a good sign.

Glad to hear your delivery dates are improving but in the context of the $14k rebate and recent updates in this thread, getting your cars by September 10 likely won’t qualify you for the incentive.

My Tesla guy called me with the news today and said I could get a full refund on my deposits but I really want my Tesla 3. I can’t do it without the rebates so I wrote MTO and copied the MPP explaining I have a VIN number, expect delivery within the next 2 weeks and have already had the charger installed. I hope this government finds some compassion on this.

That is brutal. I’m writing my MPP too.

Reactions: M109Rider
We have to understand that this is not Tesla’s fault.

People think it's Tesla's fault? They move our delivery dates from late 2018 to deliver us a ton of cars by mid-2018 to get as many sold before this rebate gets cut off, as anyone could see was coming, regardless of the gov't in power since $14k is a huge rebate for any government to justify for Tesla owners. So Tesla rushes them, gets a ton in early so people can take advantage of the rebate, and then when it gets pulled people blame Tesla? I need to hear that argument since it makes no sense to me.

People think it's Tesla's fault? They move our delivery dates from late 2018 to deliver us a ton of cars by mid-2018 to get as many sold before this rebate gets cut off, as anyone could see was coming, regardless of the gov't in power since $14k is a huge rebate for any government to justify for Tesla owners. So Tesla rushes them, gets a ton in early so people can take advantage of the rebate, and then when it gets pulled people blame Tesla? I need to hear that argument since it makes no sense to me.

Agree. It is nothing to blame Tesla. They did their best. For ppl don’t listen, for ppl holding a reservation but not ordering , that’s their gabble.

But why? Waiting for AWD?

Reactions: Canuck