Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please go and read my full response as I did refer to Section of the Charter Section 24(1), since you cut and pasted my message. As I touched in my ORIGINAL message on procedural fairness, there are case laws where the government has been challenged on their policies. I did not realize I had to prepare a submission.

We could argue forever on the application of the Charter in this case but I am referring to common law such as was the case Canada (Attorney General) v Mavi, [2011] 2 SCR 504. Regardless, my point is mute since Tesla is asking the court for a judiciary review proves that they obviously feel they have grounds to challenge government on their policy for discrimination. In simple terms, if the government makes decisions that are unfair then the courts have the power to overturn them.

I rest my case!

CanLII - 2009 ONCA 794 (CanLII)

Why don't you two go join the case pro bono. Then you can grab coffee and argue constitutional law afterwards. It's a win-win!

Rep in Toronto just told me prospective winnings from this Model 3 fiasco are not going to customers and Ontario's hard-line stance on being assholes isn't going to change. I'm canceling my order now. :(

How does the rep know this with such certainty? While I do think cancelling your reservation is prudent in light of the circumstances, I would just like to know what evidence the rep had to support these claims. Enquiring minds want to know! :)

How does the rep know this with such certainty? While I do think cancelling your reservation is prudent in light of the circumstances, I would just like to know what evidence the rep had to support these claims. Enquiring minds want to know! :)

No evidence. Just two guys (one from Toronto and one form Las Vegas) that both claimed it. I'd like to know as much as we all do.

Reactions: champion1955
I have reached out for more info, but can't get it. I assumed it would be out in the media today, but it looks like it won't hit the news until possibly tomorrow? I can't out my source, but it is in the government and they are well placed.

I tried looking up cases being heard on the following site: Daily Court Lists

Court: Superior Court of Justice
Municipality: Toronto
Court Location: 130 Queen St W

Based on the lawsuit stating court address as 130 Queen St W, and filed with the Superior Court of Justice:

Tesla sues ONtario

But I don't see Tesla on the list for today, not sure how to search other days.

It does say, you can call them if your case isn't listed:

Daily Court Lists

"For the most accurate, up-to-date information about your case, contact the courthouse where the matter is being heard (See a List of Ontario Court Addresses)."

I'm not going to call them, but if someone else does want to, for confirmation, maybe they'll tell you something?