Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you also have a time? Ours is 13:00. We can look for you?

I'm at 11. I might be there still, but frankly I hope not! I plan to drive back to Ottawa Saturday after visiting a friend's in Barrie. Our configs are almost the same visually, except I have a black interior and yours is white. Should be easy to find you? (Anyone know if the AWD have the "DUAL MOTOR" badge yet?)

Not totally Tesla related, but in other news Doug Ford took a major, major legal hit today.
Superior Court judge strikes down legislation cutting the size of Toronto city council | The Star

He's quickly learning that this isn't the U.S., and that governing by bs doesn't work here.

Canadian Charter of Rights is OP if you know how to use it ;), I almost feel like all these early policies are a test on how ridiculous he (the PCs) can be with their policies. I'm happy the courts are on the side of the people and not private/personal interests.

Bill five will be back right after the election is done though; with a fury this time. Maybe that 25million saved will balloon to 6billion ;)

Not totally Tesla related, but in other news Doug Ford took a major, major legal hit today.
Superior Court judge strikes down legislation cutting the size of Toronto city council | The Star

He's quickly learning that this isn't the U.S., and that governing by bs doesn't work here.

Damn, I had CP24 on this morning during my warm up jog at the gym...only had CC subtitles on but I thought they were saying there was very little change of the judge overturning this....nice to see this result though. Looks like Dougie boy is 'winning' about as much as the orange fool south of the border....but he will probably try and spin it in his head that he is 'the best' and is doing a great job :rolleyes:

Damn, I had CP24 on this morning during my warm up jog at the gym...only had CC subtitles on but I thought they were saying there was very little change of the judge overturning this....nice to see this result though. Looks like Dougie boy is 'winning' about as much as the orange fool south of the border....but he will probably try and spin it in his head that he is 'the best' and is doing a great job :rolleyes:

Dougie boy gonna need to buy lot of vaseline for all the arse pucking he is getting in court.

• Funny
Reactions: champion1955

Attachments

• dumbass.jpg
    dumbass.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 44
Ontario extends electric car rebate deadline for Tesla buyers | The Star

In this article there is a quote:

“For customers who cancelled their orders as a result of the government's initial decision and now wish to renew, we hope the government will work with us to achieve a fair resolution,” the spokesperson said.

I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a dead issue or if it's something that is still being pursued/investigated?

Ontario extends electric car rebate deadline for Tesla buyers | The Star

In this article there is a quote:

“For customers who cancelled their orders as a result of the government's initial decision and now wish to renew, we hope the government will work with us to achieve a fair resolution,” the spokesperson said.

I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a dead issue or if it's something that is still being pursued/investigated?

I've reached out to more people than I care to recall at this point but have nothing to offer. This includes Tesla media contact and 2 others at Tesla (Fremont). Hopefully something breaks one way or another this week as the final nail in this entire debacle. Feel free to make your own inquiries and report back for anyone that cancelled.

Reactions: Amandeep

Section 33 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is part of the Constitution of Canada. It is commonly known as the notwithstanding clause (or la clause dérogatoire in French), or as the override power, and it allows Parliament or provincial legislatures to override certain portions of the Charter. It was, and continues to be, perhaps the most controversial provision of the Charter.

Wow. Just wow. I actually thought it was a joke when I saw the link.

This is a horrible precedent. He has guaranteed himself no PC votes in Toronto for the next generation. This is insane. And that's not me speaking as someone who thinks he's a buffoon, this is me speaking about the dexterity with which one must use things like this. You damned sure don't use it without the support of the affected populace. He's gonna get killed here.

Last edited:
Section 33 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is part of the Constitution of Canada. It is commonly known as the notwithstanding clause (or la clause dérogatoire in French), or as the override power, and it allows Parliament or provincial legislatures to override certain portions of the Charter. It was, and continues to be, perhaps the most controversial provision of the Charter.

If trumpists start using it like this it won't take long for it to be removed from the constitution.