Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My inspection lasted a while and I still find minor issues... apparently they do inspect before delivery but didn't fix all of them...look what I found while going through my car with my DA

Take delivery and correct it later :). 14K in pocket and Tesla warranty will kick in. BTW, here are the pads, sorry about missing our meeting lastnight! 20180911_073446.jpg

Just wanted to say, again, that I appreciate everyone's willingness to fight for the rebate. For those of us who got the car, I'm glad that the rebate is available to us. I'm curious as to who ordered RWD's before July 11 and didn't get delivery in time - props to Tesla for busting their butts to deliver as many as possible, but it has to be gutting to miss out.

Just wanted to say, again, that I appreciate everyone's willingness to fight for the rebate. For those of us who got the car, I'm glad that the rebate is available to us. I'm curious as to who ordered RWD's before July 11 and didn't get delivery in time - props to Tesla for busting their butts to deliver as many as possible, but it has to be gutting to miss out.

Apparently there is a lot of people who didn’t get the car delivered in time but ordered well before July 11th. I’m one of them with an order on June 7th. Got a vin but delivery isn’t scheduled until September 24th. My rep said that there were a lot of people who they couldn’t get the cars to in time. The rebate time the government gave after the decision wasn’t enough time to deliver all the cars. Consider yourself lucky if you got yours. Hoping tesla/government does something to rectify this.

Apparently there is a lot of people who didn’t get the car delivered in time but ordered well before July 11th. I’m one of them with an order on June 7th. Got a vin but delivery isn’t scheduled until September 24th. My rep said that there were a lot of people who they couldn’t get the cars to in time. The rebate time the government gave after the decision wasn’t enough time to deliver all the cars. Consider yourself lucky if you got yours. Hoping tesla/government does something to rectify this.
Yep, I am one also delivery not scheduled until Sept 27th, ordered June 19th.

So I'd be interested in hearing from a real litigator on the possibility of a Class Action for those who did order in time, but didn't get delivered in time. They could TRY and claim a $14,000 damage I suppose.
This might be a case where Tesla allowing the full refund will end up working against you, as aggrieved individuals are required to attempt to mitigate damage, and it was possible to escape without any damage after Tesla allowed the full refunds.
Also may not be enough injured parties at play to make it worth a firm taking on the class action, and that leaves you with small claims. Lots of law students out there willing to help I suspect.

What was your configuration? My order was a day before yours and I made it by the skin of my teeth. Maybe they can "deliver" the car pre-dated. I do find it completely ridiculous that after 51 days of discrimination, the MTO thinks it's alright to just say hey, 10 days to deliver all the cars have fun. Doug Ford.