Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OPINION: Model 3 made in China better quality than USA built.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
apart from that the video is the usual china propaganda I am sure we can all agree that the first Model 3s probably werent built that well.

All I can say that my 2019 Model 3 is built pretty well tbh. No issues with panelgaps, paint issues etc.

I bet if someone else took a look at your car they would beg to differ. Mine was built August 2019 and I am noticing now that there are minor defects in the paint that I did not notice before. But I would have to say that the noise in the cabin isn't so bad as people claim it to be.

[QUOTE="S4WRXTTCS, post: ....But, the fact that it is such an awesome vehicle is why I'm so harsh with Tesla.

I don't understand.... You're saying the car Tesla makes is amazing & that's why you're so harsh on them? It makes more sense to me to be harsh on the companies who are making crappy vehicles and praise the ones who make good ones ("good" being subjective)[/QUOTE]

With crappy you can always move on with your entire self in unison.

When you have something that hits so many check marks, but fails in other areas it will really bug you. Sometimes it might be so bad that you feel internally conflicted.

Like I like the car, but I disagree with Elon on a lot of his views about FSD and AI.

Elon doesn't make the car what the car is, but he certainly plays a large role in the entire experience.

After so many years working in machine control software while putting up with cars that haven't significantly evolved since the Model T, and are effectively designed to waste petroleum and fail after a few short years to generate repairs and support a huge "automotive" sector, I looked at what Musk was doing, and it was a 100% fit for me. Musk's views too.

I drive by the myriad gas stations and the auto parts stores, and it's all mountains of fossil feces. I know how hard what he's doing is, and I think we're lucky to get to participate, to watch it develop. That's a big part of the joy. The haters, the nitpickers and the whiners are living in a different universe, to each his own. Self loathing is part of the American scene. But for me, this car and every update is like a continuous Christmas present. And if everything was perfect from the start, it wouldn't be as interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: SageBrush
Another unpopular opinion but I can't see many people choosing a Model 3 over the Model Y.

Sitting in a Y, I found it superior in all practical aspects. As I predicted years ago, the Model 3 annihilated the Model S. The Y will finish off the S/X and even cannibalize the 3.

That's ok though for Tesla as they are undoubtedly building higher margins into the Y.

From what I know about Tesla's activities is they are adding more production capacity in Fremont. The 3/Y share roughly 75% of the same components, so I am sure all that is needing is a finishing line.

I expect Tesla to produce the 3s at same numbers while building up the Y. At some point, the Y takes over the lions share of resources.

If you look at the BMW n Series v Xn, currently and over time, there's cannibalization, the ratios favor the Xn, but there isn't one that's 1:2. Suggests significant cannibalization, but also overall total growth.

Interesting if this article is accurate....LG Chem will provide batteries for the Chinese made Teslas: Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

upload_2019-11-20_15-11-17.png