Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order last night. Received VIN next morning. Delivery July 12???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have similar experience. I ordered just 10 days ago with a 3 - 6 week estimate. They called a few days back and wanted me to take delivery on July 1st.

I waited forever to place my order because I wanted AWD. I asked to change it and they said this car was built specific to my specs so I'd lose my $3500 deposit ($1k reserve + $2500 order deposit). I know these are cookie cutter configs at this point but whatever.

Kicking myself for ordering at EOQ. Was burned last time too on my MX with AP2 announcement. That one sorta turned out ok. I knew I should've been more patient but nevertheless here we are...

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
My experience was similar, I went from July email to Edit Design disappear/ISA concact/VIN/Delivery and could have had the car in 5 days from when my Edit button went away! Only reason for the week delay was ME! :(

They clearly had a lot of cars in the pipeline waiting.

I reserved in line first day and configured 4/25.

Last edited:
I’m 4/1/16 res
LR RWD
Solid black
EAP, FSD
Aero
Ordered 10pm 6/27. EST delivery sep-nov
ISA email 2pm today, edit button gone

I am pretty sure the 3-5 month estimate is incorrect. So everyone complaining needs on the forum needs to chill.

I ordered 6/3 and my delivery is 7/1. Why would mine take a month and people who ordered 6/27 take 3-5 months. It will def be quicker.

Meanwhile, I configured back in April, and still have my edit link and no contact......

I’ve been watching with some amusement all the people getting upset over delivery delays/confusion, but now I’m starting to feel it.....

Being close to the factory seems to take longest, figure that one out....

Reactions: MissyMcBee
Meanwhile, I configured back in April, and still have my edit link and no contact......

I’ve been watching with some amusement all the people getting upset over delivery delays/confusion, but now I’m starting to feel it.....

Yes you def have a right to complain. That sucks. Not sure what the rhyme or reason for that would be?

Yes you def have a right to complain. That sucks. Not sure what the rhyme or reason for that would be?

Well there were a bunch of April's order put on hold (went into the black hole) ... rumor said because Tesla want to hit 200,000 in July instead of June. In theory those people should get the first batch of the inventory stock of RWD, but things never work out exactly as it supposed to.....

Reactions: MissyMcBee

I know it's not much consolation, because the wait is really hard and my situation is similar. I configured in April, will be getting delivery in Fremont, and I went from zilch to having a delivery date set in 2 days! I could have had the car in as few as five. So for us near the factory, when it happens it can happen very, very quickly. It's damn hard, and easy for me to say now, but don't let impatience tarnish the experience. Also, if I were still in your shoes I would probably call again on July 2nd, if for nothing else to feel like you were doing something.

Well there were a bunch of April's order put on hold (went into the black hole) ... rumor said because Tesla want to hit 200,000 in July instead of June. In theory those people should get the first batch of the inventory stock of RWD, but things never work out exactly as it supposed to.....
Wow...I must be in that black hole... April 18 invite/April 22 order/June delay email and crickets... no communication or smoke signals :rolleyes::(
blackhole_2.jpg

Wow...I must be in that black hole... April 18 invite/April 22 order/June delay email and crickets... no communication or smoke signals :rolleyes::(

No I am sure it is not your case, because black hole has no light. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel in your pic! Walk toward the light..... :p

But seriously have you tried to call the delivery location you signed up? You could always make up an excuse like "Today I missed 3 phone calls from area code XXX (just pick a local area code) and I think it maybe you guys trying to call me about my delivery. Can I talk to my DS?"

No I am sure it is not your case, because black hole has no light. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel in your pic! Walk toward the light..... :p"
you're funny! You also make a good point on the contact. I did call at the end of May thinking that June was a few days away and wanted to see if i had an ISA/VIN assigned. ISA was assigned but they had nothing else for me. I called for the 2nd time this past Monday..."no vin but it will be soon" i asked how that could be if there was less than a week to go and the guy said..."there's not a whole lot to do so it goes really fast" LOL! right....but i have a bank awaiting delivery info and VIN so that they can overnight me a check so i can write it out for the amount needed. It's quite a comedy act... HINT @elonmusk: maybe Elon will surprise me with the 200,000th vehicle sold in the US on July 2nd! (i'm out of town on the 1st):D:p:D that way the tax credit will be preserved longer....Woo Woo!