Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Process for FSD Transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an updated MVOA and it shows basic autopilot as included and no FSD as I ordered and the price had been reduced accordingly. This doesn’t seem right? Correct me if I’m wrong.
I've got a Model X delivery for Thursday and I just got an e-mail 40 minutes ago updating my Model X details. The full self driving is now gone from the invoice. I've reached out to my sales associate via e-mail and texted but guessing won't get context until morning. I wish they would at any point *confirm* that they've processed the paperwork. I could easily see something like this pushing delivery back 😒.

Reactions: tacomafanboy
I've got a Model X delivery for Thursday and I just got an e-mail 40 minutes ago updating my Model X details. The full self driving is now gone from the invoice. I've reached out to my sales associate via e-mail and texted but guessing won't get context until morning. I wish they would at any point *confirm* that they've processed the paperwork. I could easily see something like this pushing delivery back 😒.
Let us know when you hear back. I texted my SA today but he was off and said we’ll connect tomorrow. So I’ll update when I know more as well.

Are any of you concerned that HW4 Model Y will have inferior FSD capabilities (or none at all) and parking capabilities due to lack of Radar/USS/Front bumper camera?
No. FSD on my 2019 M3 has only gotten to the point of being somewhat useful and that’s on rural roads. I live in the NY area and it’s useless on urban streets but there’s been some progress and I try to use it all the time. It’s fun when it does work like make a great turn or move over for a bike or something. Or yell at it cause it’s just horrible. I don’t use summon and try to use the parking features here and there but I’m fine with it not working for a bit. I guess I’m just use to 2 steps forward and 3 back with Tesla.

Reactions: jbrady3324
Update:

Took delivery yesterday, and literally 1 minute after I connected my phone to the new car, I got an email stating that the FSD transfer had taken place. Seems like they've worked out the kinks, they just need to tell people what to expect.

Update:

Took delivery yesterday, and literally 1 minute after I connected my phone to the new car, I got an email stating that the FSD transfer had taken place. Seems like they've worked out the kinks, they just need to tell people what to expect.
What was your timeline from order to Paperwork? I have a Vin and EDD of 8/21 to 27 but have heard nothing from Tesla about FSD transfer. I have it on my order. And congrats!

Update:

Interesting. Does your final invoice show a charge for FSD and a FSD credit? Does your Monroney sticker show FSD Capability. Mine did. (I assume that your new car does show FSD Capability)

What was your timeline from order to Paperwork? I have a Vin and EDD of 8/21 to 27 but have heard nothing from Tesla about FSD transfer. I have it on my order. And congrats!

I had to reach out to them via the text chat to request the FSD transfer, and then the delivery center will send you the form via e-mail for you to fill out.

Paperwork was after the vin was assigned, try texting customer service requesting the fSD transfer form

Reactions: mgeneczko
Does anyone know how insurance would work with the new process? I seem to recall from my agent that whatever is in the MVPA is automatically covered by insurance quotes. If it's not in the MVPA it's "additional equipment" and somehow one has to arrange for additional coverage for it? This presumably would entail showing proof of purchase of the equipment but there wouldn't be any in this case since it's just a transfer.

I have delivery of our 7seater MYLR scheduled for the evening of 8/12. I did the FSD paperwork on 8/5 and my sales rep said he uploaded it to my case. I’ve accepted Tesla’s offer on my 2018 M3LRRWD. I have a pending loan approval in the Tesla app but it’s showing the values with the $15000 FSD add-on so I haven’t accepted it for that reason. However, with the trade-in value of the paid off M3 it’s showing that Tesla owes ME a little over $2000 on delivery and so my final payment is already completed in the delivery steps. I don’t want to accept anything from Tesla and just want the entire value of my trade-in applied as down on the MY but I don’t want to modify the loan values and end up screwing myself over. Just getting a little anxious even though I have about 92 hours until delivery. Hopefully I don’t have to be calling them constantly. But I’m going to follow up tomorrow and see if they can expedite. As of an hour ago, FSD is still active on the M3.
This happened to me and it wasn’t all corrected until about 24 hours before delivery.

Replying back as I got ahold of Tesla on the phone and asked for an e-mail confirming this:
I'm writing to confirm that we have received your signed FSD transfer form and that it has been properly processed. In regards to your recent configuration change, you are no longer required to order your vehicle with FSD. The FSD transfer is initiated post-delivery.
So it sounds like it is no longer expected that you have FSD on the destination vehicle. On the phone they told me FSD would be delivered within 48 hours after delivery. I asked for an e-mail just so I have a record things are confirmed on their end just in case I take delivery and something somehow falls through. They also confirmed now that my old Model 3 will keep FSD until delivery/trade-in happen. Will post back after I take delivery and get FSD to confirm.

Reactions: tacomafanboy