Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered my MS Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would I want to spend $140K on a car that is 0.3+ secs faster when its already crazy fast, looks exactly the same, as same quality/interior/exterior, tri-motor (when its a sedan and dual is fine), but yes can go 100+ miles more in range (but for most, 99% of the time you never worry about range)?

Wished they would have focused on some other big exterior/interior and quality updates IMHO.

Why would I want to spend $140K on a car that is 0.3+ secs faster when its already crazy fast, looks exactly the same, as same quality/interior/exterior, tri-motor (when its a sedan and dual is fine), but yes can go 100+ miles more in range (but for most, 99% of the time you never worry about range)?

Wished they would have focused on some other big exterior/interior and quality updates IMHO.
0-60 is the ONLY metric you're comparing? No wonder you can't see the value difference.

I've been very happy with the P85D I bought over 5 years ago. I have to replace it sometime, so why not with the plaid version of the car I love. In inflation adjusted dollars the price would be slightly lower than what I paid back then. The opportunity cost for interest on the $1k fully-refundable deposit is probably one dollar at current rates. I'm sure it would have at least whatever styling changes the regular Model S would have by that time, and probably more vents, etc. for brake cooling or whatnot. So why not put down a deposit?

...but for most, 99% of the time you never worry about range...

Tell that to those who wait on the long line at a Supercharger at peak times that keeps happening like Holidays when people don't go to work.

DXe7wzqU0AAHl-o

If you have the additional range, you have the option to skip crowded stations.

Add me on to the list! Bit more than I wanted to spend, was just going to get a second model 3 performance... But after seeing that 8 second 1/4 mile time, lol!

Just curious on how the tracks will deal with this, because a lot of them require a roll bar minimum for 9 second cars. Not sure if a cage requirement starts at 7 or 8 seconds.

Reactions: bhzmark and Zer0t

I have no idea, but I'm glad there are people who do, because these high profit models keep Tesla in the black!

Reactions: Polly Wog
Tell that to those who wait on the long line at a Supercharger at peak times that keeps happening like Holidays when people don't go to work.

DXe7wzqU0AAHl-o

If you have the additional range, you have the option to skip crowded stations.

Depends on how far you are going and if you arrive with destination charging... Won't make a difference 99.9% of the time most are driving their cars. IMO.

I have no idea, but I'm glad there are people who do, because these high profit models keep Tesla in the black!

Some of us have never bought a car new, and now can afford to.

My used MS will be out of warranty about when the Plaid or CT come out. I have an order in for both.

Like the refundable deposit, it gives me options, one, the other, both, or neither.

Reactions: Sam1
Ok, be honest. Who else thinks the Plaid delay was an “Elon Audible” to arbitrarily kick the date out a year, pick specs from thin air that are the tiniest bit better than Lucid’s, and figure out the details of how to do it in the interim?

It's possible...since it won't have the new Batts as far as I can see.

Still, the stats are impressive. People paid more for less in 2015.

Ordered. It’s a refundable deposit and it’s a long way out. Figure might as well kick in the FSD just in case they solve it in that time and FSD itself is $40k! lol

blue paint. White seats. Black wheels.

I expect to never take delivery as the Roadster is only ~30% more in price. The ol “if you can afford $155 you can afford $200” play. Fingers crossed.