Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered my MS Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Truth is, I thought the range spec was low. I was sure it would be over 600. Oh well, that much time and almost anything could happen!

I also think the only reason it's taking that long is the batteries, not the vehicle itself. If the batteries were ready he could probably put it out in the next few months. And, I agree with a lot of the gentleman above, it will already have an updated interior, and probably a little bit on the exterior, before the plaid is ever shipped.

And, is it really just guys discussing this?

Yes I agree, the older software ran just fine. I think the main issues started when the live Nav display started running in the background all the time without the option to close it down, that has to be a big CPU and RAM burden on the system.
The devs 'might' care but they are also paid not to care and to just add in new features as upper management asks.
Why would the devs care? They are developing on MCU2s? They probably have a few MCU1's which are used by QA to validate and some dev who drew the short straw to cross-compile and debug issues for MCU1. The devs who wrote v6 are long gone by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank42
I'm sure Elon will come back with an excuse fanboys will defend vigorously, maybe a 50ft rollout, or that the car is capable but not in the production configuration, only with SpaceX boosters attached (like the Starman Roadster when launching from earth), or maybe a brand new excuse - the guy is very creative.

Don’t be modest. So are you.

Why would I want to spend $140K on a car that is 0.3+ secs faster when its already crazy fast, looks exactly the same, as same quality/interior/exterior, tri-motor (when its a sedan and dual is fine), but yes can go 100+ miles more in range (but for most, 99% of the time you never worry about range)?

Wished they would have focused on some other big exterior/interior and quality updates IMHO.

Absolutely agree! I was disappointed by the lack of anything "new" except stuff promised or even guessed for much later.

ordered mine Tuesday afternoon as well...

F7858576-34FA-4927-9E22-5750A6170305.jpeg

5AFEB0EB-775F-4A20-979A-767420E533A8.jpeg

1EA6CC0C-71E6-46EF-896C-D6C472BAC865.jpeg

Reactions: SO16
Approx time of order after announcement, and was you order number in the 58,000 range?

BTW, you need to add a MX to round out your page...
Not sure reservation #s are sequential or exclusive to specific models. Might also have regional coding...
If anybody knows for sure please shed some light.
RN113953XXX
I doubt they got over 100 million reservations.
As for timing, I was interrupted while watching and had to press pause for a while. So the announcement was delayed for me. Ironically it was because Tesla Mobile Service had just arrived at my house.
But these timestamps provide some information although I do not know the exact time it was announced.
Credit Card Charge @4:04 PM PST
Received confirming Thank You email @. 4:05 PM PST

Not sure reservation #s are sequential or exclusive to specific models. Might also have regional coding...
If anybody knows for sure please shed some light.
RN113953XXX
I doubt they got over 100 million reservations.
As for timing, I was interrupted while watching and had to press pause for a while. So the announcement was delayed for me. Ironically it was because Tesla Mobile Service had just arrived at my house.
But these timestamps provide some information although I do not know the exact time it was announced.
Credit Card Charge @4:04 PM PST
Received confirming Thank You email @. 4:05 PM PST

Thanks...it seems like it took f o r e v e r to find the order page, but I got my email at 3:57 PM Tuesday, RN113951xxx.

About a 500 orders a minute, seems like plaid is going to be the new black...