Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered! Now when will I see it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should be picking up in Houston around the same time, Pro Forma delivery estimate is 12/20. I have no idea how accurate that is. DS said my "production slot" was early December

@ZAKEEUS @George Jetson are either of y'all working with Whitney as your DS?

it's reassuring to hear you have a production start date around the 12th. from the tracker it looks like tx has ~12 day window from production to delivery. we may be able to squeeze in a year end delivery.

it's reassuring to hear you have a production start date around the 12th. from the tracker it looks like tx has ~12 day window from production to delivery. we may be able to squeeze in a year end delivery.
My DS is Dayan, but I did get some info from her when Dayan wasn't available.

@norm -- check the delivery spreadsheet. I confirmed on Nov 15 and my car, according to my DS, will enter production within the next 72 hours. I think you just need a little bit more patience.

Patience? here's what I think of that! :)

patience-is-a-virtue.jpg

My DS just emailed. Order was confirmed 3 days ago. He said my car will go into production late december with delivery late january.

That's interesting. I haven't heard from my DS, but heard from my OA today and was told my order went in "well before the deadline for the end of the year." And I confirmed the same week you did, in the same region.

Hopefully you'll be surprised, instead of me being mildly disappointed.

No, my DS is Dayan at the North Houston Service Plus location. Same place I ordered it from. My OA was Susan who was extremely helpful. One of the best car buying experiences I've ever had. Those folks at N Houston are a great crew.

Finally just went into production sometime within the last 15 minutes lol! Hopefully before Xmas! S60D to NYC
Ordered 10/21
Vin assigned 10/28
I ordered a 60D the same time as you. I talked to my DS today and he said my car is scheduled for production next week. I checked mytesla tonight and the status was updated to production!!!! I have no idea why the discrepancy. Still no official email from Tesla though on the change in status.

Reactions: croman
I ordered a 60D the same time as you. I talked to my DS today and he said my car is scheduled for production next week. I checked mytesla tonight and the status was updated to production!!!! I have no idea why the discrepancy. Still no official email from Tesla though on the change in status.
I did not get an email either. Usually, from what I've read on the forum, you get an email then the website eventually updates not the other way around.

I just had same situation as you with MyTesla updating to "production," but no email. And we're both picking up in Virginia. Looks like a few of our cars will be on train/truck to Virginia together. Has your D.S. given you a more specific delivery date than the "December-late January" that MyTesla shows me?

I just had same situation as you with MyTesla updating to "production," but no email. And we're both picking up in Virginia. Looks like a few of our cars will be on train/truck to Virginia together. Has your D.S. given you a more specific delivery date than the "December-late January" that MyTesla shows me?
I have an on or about 12/26 delivery to NYC I'm hoping for a 12/21 date but we shall see.

Nope. Yesterday the DS told me that the car would go into production next week. I think the DS has a range of days for scheduled production b/c at first the DS told me late November, and twice after that they told me "late Nov or early December". And now that late November is over they said "next week". In either case the website status changed last night and I haven't received an email or heard from the DS yet.

Model S 60, midnight silver metallic, all glass panoramic roof, black next generation seats, enhanced autopilot, premium upgrades package, smart air suspension.

December/early January delivery.

Ordered on October 8th at the Decatur Georgia store.
Order confirmed on October 16th.
VIN assigned on October 17th.
Order modified on October 27th to include Enhanced Autopilot.
Entered production on November 11th(19 days ago).

I've received no communication from Tesla since the "Were building you car notice" on November 11th. "My Tesla" indicates the car is still in production.

Does anyone know if the status will change from "in production" to "shipping" or will the car just show up at the dealership and the status change to "preparing for delivery"?

Tesla could definitely do a better job of communicating.

• Helpful
Reactions: BBB4000
Model S 60, midnight silver metallic, all glass panoramic roof, black next generation seats, enhanced autopilot, premium upgrades package, smart air suspension.

December/early January delivery.

Ordered on October 8th at the Decatur Georgia store.
Order confirmed on October 16th.
VIN assigned on October 17th.
Order modified on October 27th to include Enhanced Autopilot.
Entered production on November 11th(19 days ago).

I've received no communication from Tesla since the "Were building you car notice" on November 11th. "My Tesla" indicates the car is still in production.

Does anyone know if the status will change from "in production" to "shipping" or will the car just show up at the dealership and the status change to "preparing for delivery"?

Tesla could definitely do a better job of communicating.

I have a similar timeline (order on 10/7, confirm on 10/14, VIN assigned on 10/17, but my car has only been in production for 8 days at this point. No communication from anyone since the email saying it was in production. I've even emailed my DS about trying to get a set of all weather mats, but no response from them on that either. It's like Tesla is a black hole.

I have a similar timeline (order on 10/7, confirm on 10/14, VIN assigned on 10/17, but my car has only been in production for 8 days at this point. No communication from anyone since the email saying it was in production. I've even emailed my DS about trying to get a set of all weather mats, but no response from them on that either. It's like Tesla is a black hole.

Ok so the DS definitely know more about the cars then they let on! My Car went into production yesterday and I just happened to send a needed ID when DS replied with the attached today.

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: DarylS2001
The lack of communication is very frustrating. I've emailed my DS twice and so far no response. If I treated my customers like this I wouldn't have any customers.

I was in California visiting my parents last week over the Thanksgiving holiday. I dropped into the Walnut Creek show room just to ask a few questions. I have to say they were much more professional compared to the show room staff here in Georgia. They literally spent over an hour answering my questions even though they knew I had already purchased a car.