Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering through owner's account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when I first ordered, I wasn't in a huge rush since my lease didn't end until April of this year. So I ordered on 4/1 online. My original date was Feb-Apr and now has been pushed May-July. My question is this - should I order through my dad's Tesla account now (he's an owner of an X)? Or is the backlog so bad that ordering through his account will result in an even later date then mine from 2 years ago?

It is very well possible that if you were to put a reservation in under your dad's account that you would jump way in front. Owners, even those who only bought an S or X just last month have received invites to order their 3. Owner priority seems to override everything else at this point. Worth a shot. Worst that happens is have $1000 tied up for sometime if it doesn't pan out and want a refund.

I'm thinking of the same scenario as my brother is an owner.

No Canadian deliveries no matter what province you live in.
So unfair! However my account does tell me 2018 delivery see screenshot from my account at least I see something!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 4.27.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 4.27.10 PM.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 88
No Canadian deliveries no matter what province you live in.
So unfair!...
Of course there is the interesting rumor that Tesla will shift all their model 3 North American orders to Canada when they get to 199,999 US units in May of this year, so that the 200,000th US Tesla isn't delivered until 1 July so as to have the longest possible window for US Federal Tax Rebates.

So when I first ordered, I wasn't in a huge rush since my lease didn't end until April of this year. So I ordered on 4/1 online. My original date was Feb-Apr and now has been pushed May-July. My question is this - should I order through my dad's Tesla account now (he's an owner of an X)? Or is the backlog so bad that ordering through his account will result in an even later date then mine from 2 years ago?

@netjack i am in the same boat as you. I put deposit down on 4/1 also and my original expected delivery was feb - April and after yesterday it moved to may - July. I called my dad last night who is a Model S owner and had him put deposit down to see who would get it sooner. Right now his estimated date is late 2018 for first production but I am assuming it will get moved up. Let me know how it goes for you.

@netjack i am in the same boat as you. I put deposit down on 4/1 also and my original expected delivery was feb - April and after yesterday it moved to may - July. I called my dad last night who is a Model S owner and had him put deposit down to see who would get it sooner. Right now his estimated date is late 2018 for first production but I am assuming it will get moved up. Let me know how it goes for you.

Yes our stories are exactly the same except he has an X. I'll post up.

Well I'll be damned - less than 1 week after I ordered through my dad's account, we just got an email to configure. So I guess having put a reservation down on 4/1/16 as a non-owner just got leap frogged!
Remarkable. What was the estimate after you made the reservation? Did you interact with Tesla at all after making the reservation or did this one week turnaround happen automatically?

Well I'll be damned - less than 1 week after I ordered through my dad's account, we just got an email to configure. So I guess having put a reservation down on 4/1/16 as a non-owner just got leap frogged!
I’m doing this now because I just can’t wait. Configured 2-11-18, all my info into MS owner account with his M3 reservation number. I paid the build fee with my info and my CC also on his account. Waiting for VIN now to transfer into my account with my Day 1, M3 reservation, now showing Mar-May for first production. So Cal, OC. We shall see when the VIN is assigned?