Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon Waiting Room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for starting this.

Ordered 8/1
LR AWD MSM/Black Int, no upgrades
No VIN yet
Portland

I have yet to talk to anyone from Tesla that knows what a soft match is. Can you tell me how you got your soft match? And what it is?

Thanks for starting this.

Ordered 8/1
LR AWD MSM/Black Int, no upgrades
No VIN yet
Portland

I have yet to talk to anyone from Tesla that knows what a soft match is. Can you tell me how you got your soft match? And what it is?
This is what my SA sent me via email: We are now using a soft match tool that predicts future build date and delivery date. There is no guarantee, but you are looking like September 25th for an approximate delivery day.
I also called Portland Tesla Service center via 1-888-518-3752 (just follow the prompts) and had them see if there were any updates. I also asked for an update via Tesla Chat and they were useless.

This is what my SA sent me via email: We are now using a soft match tool that predicts future build date and delivery date. There is no guarantee, but you are looking like September 25th for an approximate delivery day.
I also called Portland Tesla Service center via 1-888-518-3752 (just follow the prompts) and had them see if there were any updates. I also asked for an update via Tesla Chat and they were useless.
This finally worked! Soft match for 9/21, possible delivery for 9/24.

The person on the phone said they are expecting 480+ Model Y's to be coming to Portland next week. Buckle your seatbelts, Oregon.

Ok, I had to call the Portland Service Center again since I might get more bits of information. I was told my car will most likely get made in the next 4-7 days. I should be contacted mid next week to set up delivery that following weekend. They said they are getting their shipment in the next week or week and a half. Getting excited.

Exterior color is MSM. Interior is black.
Don't know what to say about the ordering process. Hopefully there is a method to the madness but it does seem pretty random.
No delivery date yet though so maybe they are just teasing me.....